UNI-T Bench Multimeter

I have a UNI-T bench multimeter (UT804) purchased 2 years ago on eBay
that has developed an annoying random 'flashing' display back-light. I
have been in contact with UNI-T and they suggest returning it to their
factory in China as they have no authorised UNI-T service agent in
Australia.

Minimum cost is postage both ways plus USD$100.

I would have a go at repairs myself but cannot locate a schematic for it.

Any suggestions?

JD

Re: UNI-T Bench Multimeter

**Is the backlighting an EL (Electroluminescent) panel?

If so, you're pretty much screwed. It will either be the panel, or the
high Voltage inverter. The inverter is easy enough to trouble-shoot, but
the panel, if faulty, is a whole 'nuther can of worms. The other option
is that the backlighting may be LED. If that's the case, you should be
able to figure it out.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: UNI-T Bench Multimeter

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your reply.
Display is very light blue and is edge-lit on left hand side edge only,
so I suspect is LED?

In between flashes of the screen the display looks like a stock standard
LED display - black lettering on a grey background.

It is a long shot but I will contact UNI-T again and see if they will
send me a schematic.

Problem in the past when contacting them is that they wont give me an
email address for a techo in their company. Stock answer - if it's
faulty send it back. Most annoying!

JD

Site Timeline