Ultrasonic

Hello,

I am requesting help to construct an ultrasonic device that emits sound at
about 25Khz.  Unlike most ultrasonic devices, I want the device to carry
sound over 100 feet (or 30 meters) and still be over 140 decibels at 100
feet (or 30 meters).

Does anyone know how I can do this?  Plans?  Actual devices?  Please reply.

All I know of this is that the sirens on fire engines can do this for miles.

Re: Ultrasonic

"Korben Dallas"    =  another loopy septic

**  That would make it a lethal weapon for any person in range.

**   Try post at   " alt.soviet.star-wars.castoffs "

**  ROTFLMAO  -   what a macaroon.

..............   Phil

Re: Ultrasonic

You mean im not the * only * fruitloop in the world.

Sheesh , the guys an imposter

Re: Ultrasonic

Is that why the dog keeps exploding when those firetrucks come past!

And I suppose you want it to be battery operated too. Hmm that would be
one hell of a transducer. Looks like we have a live one here ...

Re: Ultrasonic

Maybe the 140 decibels above is a typo.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/question124.htm . A fire engine would
not be 140 decibels even if you were standing next to it.

Re: Ultrasonic

Yep, look here:
http://www.amazing1.com/ultra.htm

reply.
miles.

Already been there. Here's what the owner said.

I asked him for a much less powerful model of 130 dB of 25KHz at 100 feet.
He replied just this morning (an hour ago) with only "DOES NOT EXIST"

at

Re: Already been there. Here's what the owner said.

Get him to quote on making a unit to your specifications .
Have you asked specifically this question ?

sound
carry
100

Site Timeline