Type of wire used for automotive HID lighting?

Thought I might ask here on the chance some of you may be familiar with the wire in question:

Basically I'd like to modify the harness going from the ballasts to the spot lights, preferably minimising any connectors between ballast and lights, then cover in some protective conduit (currently not possible to do neatly with existing harness).

What I don't know is the correct name for the wire in question (looks to have silicone based insulation), or that of the connectors used - also where to buy the bare wire, connectors and any special tools (if required)?

I'm aware that the length of this wire is important - but not clear on what is too short or too long! If anyone has any advice and/or know where I can find a good tutorial on the subject, I'd very much appreciate it.

TIA.

Reply to
=?UTF-8?B?SmXDn3Vz?=