Two weeks to go

only two more weeks of analogue TV broadcasting in Sydney.

It started in 1956 in the valve era and went colour in 1976.

57 years in all  -  served us pretty damn well, I'd say.

Most would have been watching the digital signals for a long time by now,
either with STBs or new flat screens.

Its a shame to see it go out with a whimper, like it is about to.

My flat screen includes an analogue tuner, so I sometimes go to one of the
old signals to check for ghosting and any RFI on the band. Can't do that
with a digital TV signal.

Think I might make Monday, December 2nd special by watching analogue all
evening.

Unless of course that means I miss a favourite program ....

...  Phil

Re: Two weeks to go

Can you easily wash it out to B&W for the full nostalgia kick?

Perhaps even continuous runs of "I Love Lucy" may do the trick.

Good luck with that Phil :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

All Olimex products now 30%+ off normal Olimex Prices.

Re: Two weeks to go

"Don McKenzie"

** No way was it ever "I love Lucy"  for me  !!

The "Micky Mouse Club" &  "Hopalong Cassidy" is more like it.

Then " The Cisco Kid "  ( Hey Pancho, hey Cisco !! )

Plus "Rifleman",  "Have Gun Will Travel" and " Sugarfoot".

Years later,  I moved on to the harder, iconoclastic stuff:

"Rocky & Bullwinkle", " Boris & Natasha, " Addams Family ",
"The Munsters " and " Get Smart".

The road to ruination of my suburban Catholic upbringing was
further compounded by Graham Kennedy presenting
"In Melbourne Tonight" and then the biting satire of the
"The Mavis Bramston Show" .

But the *final straw* was when I uncovered my elder brother's
hidden collection of   ................

" Mad Magazine "  !!!!!!!

What damn fool said the soft stuff does'nt lead to the harder stuff  ???

...  Phil

Re: Two weeks to go

Vale. So much incredible creativity and innovation goes in the bin when this
sort of transition occurs. Most readers of this group will be aware to some
degree of how the NTSC and PAL transmission systems operate. If not, do
yourself a favour and wiki them. You'll be gobsmacked.

Site Timeline