TVs and warranty?? - Page 2

Re: TVs and warranty??

Pretty much mandatory where we live. A 5kw diesel will run the
fridges, water pump and other essentials for a couple of days
when needed.

--
Craig

Re: TVs and warranty??

A lot of companies will honour warranties if it's not to far out of
the warranty period.

Re: TVs and warranty??

Sorry to be pedantic, but the plural of warranty isn't "warranties".
Hope that helps.

Re: TVs and warranty??

It is according to my dictionary.

I doubt that you were sorry.

Sylvia.

Re: TVs and warranty??

Steve Irwin just died, and all you can do is critisize my spelling.
Sometimes I do worry about your priorities.

Re: TVs and warranty??

f&ck off souxie

Re: TVs and warranty??

wrong again souxie

Re: TVs and warranty??

Thats because they are legally obliged to do that, and thats true even
if its well outside the 12 months stated warranty with a TV too.

Re: TVs and warranty??

Bullshite
  it was fixed because it was a known problem and some reasons which you
will never guess , but it never hurts to try

Re: TVs and warranty??

Fact.

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Re: TVs and warranty??

I thought Teac products had a 3 year warranty. I won a Teac 80cm TV in 99
and it blew up in 2001. When I took it in to get it fixed I was told that it
was still under warranty and they fixed it for free. less than 12 months
later it blew up again and they fixed it for free again.

Re: TVs and warranty??

As implied in another post of mine in this thread, the manufacturer
apparently knows nothing about dry sockets.
--
David Barnett

Re: TVs and warranty??

This one didn't.

--
ant
Don't try to email me;

I had a TEAC repaired not so long ago.
He found lots of dry sockets that must have been present from the time it
was bought.
It's been going well since, without the strange noises it used to make for a
while when it was turned off.
--
David Barnett

Re: TVs and warranty??

ISTM that lots of appliances seem to have trouble not long after the
warranty expires.
--
David Barnett

Re: TVs and warranty??

ISTY correctly. They're made that way- to last just long enough for the
warranty to expire!

--

rgds,

Pete
~~~~~
Re: TVs and warranty??

My Teac died 2 months before the 3 year warranty was up. Couldn't believe my
luck when checking the original purchase date. Multiple dry joints reacted
badly with the humidity of summer.

Regards,
John.

Re: TVs and warranty??

What happened ?
  did you try to have it repaired under warranty ?

Re: TVs and warranty??

..
believe my
reacted

Fixed under warranty with no problems. Working fine since.

Regards,
John.

Re: TVs and warranty??

Known problem , good congratulations