Tv reception

Everyone except you obviously....................

Reply to
Benderthe.evilrobot

That can happen...................if you're a f****it.

Reply to
Benderthe.evilrobot

Everyone can see for themselves that no one who mattered was discussing the current waveform of a wattless dropper capacitor.

Reply to
Rod Speed

OK a recieving Digital Antennas! F Murtz should able to see what signal he gets on his TV mines 9 out of 10. the old was 3-4 out of 10

--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.

Still no such animal. There is no difference between a receiving digital antenna and a receiving analog antenna.

That's just how well it performs, nothing to do with it being digital.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Reply to
F Murtz

What are you measuring it with? I have a signal strength meter which has a meter calibrated one to ten but the scale has nothing to do with the scale of transmitted strength it is just a means of measuring best signal for direction it will not measure total strength out of ten from min to max transmitted as you adjust the range with a pot

Reply to
F Murtz

The TV's themselves have a signal strenght reading just push "info" on TV remote controler

--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Petzl

Some do and they vary as to scale and implimentation. Sure tha flash ones have all of the gee-gaws but lesser TVs not so much.

--
Shaun.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
~misfit~

Pressed info, says nothing about signal strength.

Reply to
F Murtz

They don't all access that display that way. Look at the manual, there are few digital TVs that don't have the signal strength display somewhere.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Might not be under "info" but as far as I remember all my TV's showed signal strength somewhere even my black & white?

--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Petzl

By changing control from PVR to tv and going to menu and then channel I can then get signal strength for the channel I am on then doing it for each channel in turn I found strengths ranging from 69 to 90 something.

Reply to
F Murtz

7 -9 out of 10 means it's not the Antenna
--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Petzl

As I said it was the led light fitting, fixed since I put ferrite fore and aft of the electronic transformer, just took many months to figure out

Reply to
F Murtz

I believe you now all info has been looked at

--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Petzl

Something strange has happened recently also, I am now getting Wollongong and sometimes sydney

Reply to
F Murtz

That's actually annoying as when you update your TV search it comes up with a lot of fuzzy channels. On my TV can't delete them

--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Petzl

Likely because the kitchen light isnt obliterating them anymore if that happens with the kitchen light on.

Reply to
Rod Speed

not sure the kitchen light has much to do with reception of Wollongong as the kitchen light is only 6 months or so old and before that Wollongong reception was iffy, it is only recently I have noticed better reception. It could be my fiddling before I discovered the light problem may have made better connection in some thing like the masthead power supply or various coax plugs.

Reply to
F Murtz