TV fault

Gday Guys,
  I have a 4yr old Philips 76cm TV which is turning off as soon as the
picture appears on the screen.
 The standby LED then flashes twice a second. Is that indicating a fault in
a certain area ?
 I suspect it is the FBT, but I'm hesitant to buy one incase it isn't.
 Does anyone know of a test I can do to check the FBT ?
 I have no diagram either.  I will appreciate any info. Thanks, Alan *

Re: TV fault

check the fbt transistor take it out and
connect a 60 to 100w bulb to the power supply
output or the collector of the fbt transistor on the board
and grownd to test the power supply , if ok there
should be 110-130volts at the bulb.
then check fbt transformer and zener diodes
if any and fbt transistor.

do not putt youre meter on that point
when fbt is working, it will damage youre
meter.

in

Re: TV fault

If you're getting a picture the FBT is good.

I'd look at the caps and semiconductors before it in the power chain.
and the X-ray safety circuitry.

Bye.
   Jasen

I have a Philips TV thats approx 24 years old :)

Site Timeline