TV

Have a TV that suddently won't turn on anymore. I press the power button and
nothing happens, as though there is no power supply.   Doesn't seem like the
tube has gone or anything like that.  What is the likely cause?  Blown fuse?
Easy to fix?

Re: TV

There is an obvious possible answer.....

Re: TV

What I'm saying is, are you sure it's plugged in and turned on at the wall?

Re: TV

Are you sure the power hasn't been disconnected due to non payment of
the account?

Re: TV

"Did you check the trouble shooting section of the manual?"

"I can't see the manual, it is dark and our electricity has been
disconnected"

Re: TV

The hight voltage rail has gone kaput.

Re: TV

There are no trains in my TV.

Re: TV

If you can't diagnose that yourself, then the answer is to go visit your
local TV service tech and keep him in business.

Dave.
Re: TV

Save yourself some money and throw it on the tip and buy yourself a new
wide-screen HD tv. You'll wish you'd done it ages ago.

Re: TV

What is that likely to cost?   If it is more than say, $50, then clearly
that would be very stupid course of action.

Re: TV

If you are in Sydney call Phil Allison, our resident "expert".
On second thoughts don't bother.  It's a TV you want fixed, not a toaster.
:-(

Re: TV

Or help keep the undertakers in business !

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment
to my email address

Re: TV

Does anythig else work from that power socket ?

If so , then your TV is broken.  It could be a blown/broken fuse, but more
likely is something like a burned out capacitor in the EHT voltage supply.

You could get it fixed ( if you needed to ask here, then get somebody
wqualified to do it), or you could seize the oppportunity to join the 21st
Century.  Even with a cheapy 32" LCD you probably won't regret it.

geoff

Re: TV

Tube?? What's that?

HR

Re: TV

It's quicker by tube.

geoff

Re: TV

Lube?

Re: TV

Tube = London underground .

geoff

Re: TV

Isn't this aus.tv?

Re: TV

So?  All that was on it were 90% yank crap, 9.9% pommy crap and something
called news that was 99.9999% sport.

--

Great advances in Debian Linux; post a bug report and get spam in three
days.

--

Great advances in Debian Linux; post a bug report and get spam in three
days.

Re: TV

It's one of those things you find on the street verge on collection day,
usually sitting beside an empty 60" cardboard box.

Dave.