Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

Nope. White males from middle class families don't get entitlements.

Reply to
krw

house

you

having

in

door?

No, but if you have really wideband stuff it'll get aliased down into the fundamental interval. I could probably be argued round, but for my money, analog bandwidth limiting is the ticket.

Of course I usually do it with a filter hacked together in a blue Pomona box hung on the input BNC. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

And you believe that ripping people off is IP and has market value. That is the difference between you and me.

Reply to
George Jefferson

I signed no agreements with Autodesk. Because they copyrighted their software, they exercize control over it whether I agree or not. Bith copyrights and patents give the owner rights over their IP.

John

They did nothing wrong. They had identical products(or all intents and purposes) but slapped two different labels on them and charged different prices for generating revenue.

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN US? You think that's ethical.

I bet you have no problem with any of those methods to rip off the customer.

Either you are terribly naive or just as bad as rigor. See that your going far out of your way to find justifications doesn't say much about your naïveté.

Reply to
George Jefferson

house

you

his

having

couch in

door?

Whatever aliases the 100 MHz version has, the 50 MHz mode won't be much better. My 1052 amazed me by having user-programmable lowpass/highpass/bandpass filtering. If the FPGA can move 1 Gs/s data, it shouldn't be hard to implement a simple FIR filter to knock 100 MHz response down to 50. The filter wouldn't be realtime in the sense that only display data needs to be filtered, and I suspect displays aren't updated all that often.

They already seem to have the digital filtering they need.

John

Easy for you to say. You work in audio, where scams are the norm.

John

Nothing "false" about giving people more than they paid for, even if you don't tell them.

I bet you're always this dense.

You telegraph yours in color.

Reply to
krw

"John Larkin = Criminal LIAR "

** This is all you need to know.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Your insults and profanity are so frequent and so universal that they have lost what little force they may have once had. You have become background noise.

John

"John Larkin = Criminal LIAR "

** This is all you need to know.

Larkin has often bragged how there is no need to be truthful on usenet.

Course, the fact is he is not truthful anywhere.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Who got ripped off buying a Rigol 50 MHz scope? Or buying the 100 Mhz version? Are you saying that either didn't meet advertised specs, or that neither was a good value?

If you don't like Rigol scopes, buy Tek or Agilent or LeCroy.

Of course, the low-end Agilent is actually a Rigol. They rebrand it and sell it for about twice the price of the Rigol. How do you like that for rip-off-ness?

What kind of scope did you last buy? I got a Rigol 1052, and I'll probably buy a few more.

John

What did Riogol do that was false advertising? As far as I know, both scopes deliver more bandwidth than promised and both are excellent values. Their features blow away the low-end Tek scopes that cost 2x or 3x as much.

I sell versions of products that differ only in enabled features. So does practically anybody who sells products whose performance depends on firmware and other IP that was expensive to develop.

John

None of this is relevant. We are discussing the ethics involved. There is a reason you don't get it.

Reply to
George Jefferson

Oh, go repair a broken fuzz pedal or something. A lot of those problems are just beer spills.

John

"John Larkin = Criminal LIAR "

** This is all you need to know about the vile scumbag.

Larkin has often bragged how there is no need to be truthful on usenet.

Course, the fact is he is not truthful anywhere.

Cos he is a psychopath.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

LOL! Good one!

Your a liberal right? Only a liberal could come up with something like that!

Your not dense but an outright imbecile. In no way intelligent way can one justify that what Rigol did was give more product for what they paid for. What your claiming is that Rigol gave people a 50Mhz scope that was actually a 100Mhz but didn't tell them.

It would be like if you went to buy a used car but they gave you a Ferrari except it doesn't look like a Ferrari, doesn't perform like a Ferrari, doesn't get the chicks and is nothing like a Ferrari except that both are classified as vehicles. Yet in your world you believe that person got more than they paid for.

Either you are the car salesman, from WeFuckYouInEveryWholeOnEverySale Autos, or your the buyer that buys from them.

Reply to
George Jefferson

With so many insults being hurled around here , can't we compliment each other once in a while?

Reply to
brent

.

Dreamer. You should use less wild and crazy drugs though, too much=20 wild hallucination.

Show me a true Adam Smith style market. There hasn't been one in the=20 USA for over a century and a half.

Reply to
JosephKK

Wow, you just deprived Agilent of their hard earned cash, since a lot of people will buy Rigol instead. You should have kept this information to yourself.

--
Andrew
Reply to