Trying to identify an IC

I'm trying to identify an IC, it is a small DIL chip with 8 pins. The only identification is "BJUACA", it has 8 pins, and in the relevant circuit pins 5 thru 8 are shorted together. A search on Google shows nothing.

Any ideas?

Reply to
keithr0

** So SMD or not?

** It would be an idea to tell us where you found this IC plus what part of the device uses it.

Location, location ....

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

You wish is my command - the device that it is part of is a Medion MD 93225 WiFi controlled plug/socket. The controller is a TWYE2S, which is an ESP8266E chip mounted on a little sub-board. That chip drives a relay through an HY1D transistor to switch the socket. It also has an HLW8012 chip that measures voltage and current on the socket.

The thing is programmed to use a shitty cloud app, I want to reprogram the ESP8266 so I can control it directly, but I need to work out what is connected to what.

You can see the chip and its surroundings here

keithr0

** Cripes, am I in an episode of " Bewitched" ?

** Maybe YOU can...

That is heaps of info that is bit outside my field.

Likely it will help others here, though.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

FMurtz

"This link has expired."

--
Chris
Reply to

Try this one, it should last 7 days

keithr0

** Try somewhere else that is not so fussy.

I cannot see that link either, "browser not supported".

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Crikey, it's like you don't want to be helped. Without seeing that chip it's probably a MOSFET.

Should be pretty easy to work out from the board location, what it's connected to and signals present in any event.

Reply to
Clocky

It says above that the link will last 7 days, it's now nearly 6 weeks on so it's not surprising that it's no longer there.

In an 8 pin chip, unlikely.

I could use my 'scope, but there is unisolated 240v floating around, if I really need to, I'll buzz out the circuit.

Reply to
keithr0

People clearly had trouble accessing it in the first place and it makes no sense to have that limit in the first place.

They are pretty common. Since you clearly don't want to be helped, good luck with it.

Reply to
Clocky