Trying to identify an IC

I'm trying to identify an IC, it is a small DIL chip with 8 pins. The
only identification is "BJUACA", it has 8 pins, and in the relevant
circuit pins 5 thru 8 are shorted together. A search on Google shows
nothing.

Any ideas?

Re: Trying to identify an IC

** So SMD or not?

** It would be an idea to tell us where you found this IC plus what part of the device uses it.

Location, location ....

....  Phil

Re: Trying to identify an IC

You wish is my command - the device that it is part of is a Medion
MD 93225 WiFi controlled plug/socket. The controller is a TWYE2S, which
is an ESP8266E chip mounted on a little sub-board. That chip drives a
relay through an HY1D transistor to switch the socket. It also has an
HLW8012 chip that measures voltage and current on the socket.

The thing is programmed to use a shitty cloud app, I want to reprogram
the ESP8266 so I can control it directly, but I need to work out what is
connected to what.

You can see the chip and its surroundings here

https://send.firefox.com/download/9e350a0989f13faf/#LqUis8g3F0cFw7ZchWSfoA

Re: Trying to identify an IC

** Cripes, am I in an episode of " Bewitched" ?

** Maybe YOU  can...

 That is heaps of info that is bit outside my field.

 Likely it will help others here, though.

 .... Phil

Re: Trying to identify an IC
https://send.firefox.com/notFound.01d8b1d9.svg

Re: Trying to identify an IC
keithr0:

"This link has expired."

--
Chris

Cheers,

Chris.

Re: Trying to identify an IC
Try this one, it should last 7 days

https://send.firefox.com/download/caf2e2c05cd260b3/#HkaWkwVudJXiG7i4bcgvLg

Re: Trying to identify an IC

 ** Try somewhere else that is not so fussy.

 I cannot see that link either, "browser not supported".

....  Phil

Re: Trying to identify an IC

Crikey, it's like you don't want to be helped. Without seeing that chip
it's probably a MOSFET.

Should be pretty easy to work out from the board location, what it's
connected to and signals present in any event.

--

Re: Trying to identify an IC

It says above that the link will last 7 days, it's now nearly 6 weeks on
so it's not surprising that it's no longer there.

In an 8 pin chip, unlikely.

I could use my 'scope, but there is unisolated 240v floating around, if
I really need to, I'll buzz out the circuit.

Re: Trying to identify an IC

People clearly had trouble accessing it in the first place and it makes
no sense to have that limit in the first place.

They are pretty common. Since you clearly don't want to be helped, good
luck with it.