transformer polarity question US v AU - Page 2

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 13:56:31 +1000, "Phil Allison"

from was full of

 sorry Phil.I'd like to but I haven't the time.
Anyway thanks for endorsement buddy.

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 14:19:18 +1000, "Phil Allison"

Thanks buddy.

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 14:38:32 +1000, "Phil Allison"

ok I'll call you soon buddy

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

Most, if not all those lines you quoted are alas from the very many fake
Phil Allisons.
They (the quotes that is) are probably closer to the truth than perhaps may
given them credit for.  Whilst the real Phil Allison is pretty much a closed
shop (although he'd lead you to believe otherwise), the fake ones have
provided some humorous moments....

Cheers,
Alan

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

So Phil is it true or what?  Did you give someone a head job
at Uni and get thrown out???

Please answer the question other than "for personal
reasons."

TT

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

Yeah Mark I know, but the truth was close to the bone.

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

Very very sad. This guy must have been on the way to funny farm. Oh well, I
was in my 20's and didn't have the human compassion I have now. Now... I
would ask if he needed my help.

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

Yep..  I have also become more compassionate with age.  This trend
better not continue dammit, I'll start donating to those annoying
charity-tin rattlers :)

As for the Prof, he might have tried to peck your eyes out if you had
asked... heh

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

Those annoying charity-tin rattlers are starting to really sh** me.
Everyday, at every station, at both ends, then there's Martin Place to
navigate plus the professional beggars. Where's the Salvos? I sure one of
the current affairs shows will do an expose !

I give larger amounts a couple of times a year now, but these people have
started spamming me with mail, trying to make me feel guilty about
something. Is there a nice way of giving them $500 and telling them to push
off and don't annoy me? It seems when they have your details for a receipt,
your history.

Who knows what the Prof had under his cape, probably a bat ray gun that
would have made my eyes melt. ;)

regards
Greg

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

and there was this little gem from the predator Phillis

      4. Phil Allison   Dec 3 2004, 9:05 am     show options

      Newsgroups: aus.electronics
author
      Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:05:40 +1100
      Subject: Where is Arpit ??
| Report Abuse

Hi to all,

Former regular poster, 16 year old   "Arpit " has not been heard from on
this or other NGs since late May this year  -  according to the Google
Groups Archive.

Back then he was planning a dangerous project involving high current and
high voltages  - he was enquiring about getting a high capacity AC power
outlet fitted to do this.

Maybe his parents "pulled the plug"  ??

Hope he is OK.

..............  Phil

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

this
original
Phil was right to be concerned - no telling what happened to the kid. He was
really tossing up some dangerous ideas.

Ken

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

"Ken Taylor"

 **  Thank-you  Ken.

 Now please explain why you tell other folk to killfile me.

..........  Phil

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

  How about you explain why you were ejected from University
  what dreadful indiscretion did you commit that your future was ruined
  the only conclusion to be drawn from your current predicament

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"
Thanks 'Jadzax' for the irrelevance or I wouldn't have seen.

Phil, you bollocked a newb with your usual vitriolic bile and he was wasting
his time wondering what the hell was up. I kill-filed you myself because I
can't be bothered wading through all your rubbish postings in the search of
a gem - there just aren't enough free minutes in a day to waste on the crap.
That said, I don't think the others in question are proving themselves to be
other than tossers with their crap, and I don't see any reason to doubt your
motives wrt Armpit (sic. :-).

Cheers.

Ken

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

"Ken Taylor"

** That is a really grotesque lie.

I wanted an explanation from you  -  ie something with facts in it -  not a
pile of vitriolic, Ken droppings.

Obviously you are either not seeing or simply not comprehending all my
posts.

........  Phil

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

If you go back and read Arpit's posts, do you ever see Phill showing his
concern then.

No.

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

Nor yours. Probably not mine, either. Still no call for what was said.

Ken

Re: transformer polarity question US v AU

I don't think it is?

From original post:
"The unit's input is DC in, polarity (-)--(0--(+), the AC adaptor it
arrived with is 100-240V (50-60hz) output 12V 2.5A (+)--0)--(-)."

+ve is drawn in both cases to the centre pin. No need to reverse the lead.
Of course checking the voltage with a multimeter would be a good thing to
confirm this.

Ross

Re: transformer polarity question US v AU

"Ross Marchant"

 **  Your point may well be valid  -  but the OP would have to be mentally
retarded to not realise the two diagrams were the same.

...........  Phil

Re: transformer polarity question US v AU

Thanks for all your advice, i finally plucked up the courage to give it
a go and it appears to work fine :), just gotta actually record
something now ;)

re:Shud
Yeah, it may have been "Evolution" or "Morning Of The Earth", both
where Surf movies. I'm pretty sure they recorded an entire album's
worth for  "MOTE" and at some stage tracks where drafted in by G Wayne
Thomas, Brian Cadd etc.. (to give it a more "POP" feel), which
obviously worked at some level, as that LP sold bucketloads! They also
recorded "Bali Waters" EP, and a rare "concept" LP "Goolutionites & The
Real People" (give me a bell if you drag one of those out of the vaults
;).

Cheers
Dean

Site Timeline