transformer polarity question US v AU

I've just purchased a new piece of recording equipment from the US, and
prior to hooking it up i wanted check whether i'm gonna frazzle my new
toy.
The unit's input is DC in, polarity (-)--(0--(+), the AC adaptor it
arrived with is 100-240V (50-60hz) output 12V 2.5A (+)--0)--(-).
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Dean

Re: transformer polarity question US v AU

** You  a member of the famous Aussie 70s  rock band  ??

    Got a copy of  "Evolution " in my LP stack.

**  Sorree -  your posted info is just not clear enough.

 Is the  DC  plug the common hollow tip sort ??

 More details please.

..........   Phil

Re: transformer polarity question US v AU

Hi Phil, sorry if my info was unclear...
Here's a pic of it, i hope that helps clarify -
http://www.users.on.net/~ozmusic/tas.jpg

btw. no, not a member of shud (a fan though, obviously ;).
yep...evolution is mighty fine album, keep that one stashed!

Re: transformer polarity question US v AU

Does it have a "figure 8" mains plug? If so then you can probably
substitute an Australian cord. Your posted specs say it can handle
100-240V at 50-60Hz which means it handles both US and AU mains.

Re: transformer polarity question US v AU

Hi, yes...thanks for the advice, it does have a figure 8 mains. So it
should be good to go?
Cheers
Dean

Re: transformer polarity question US v AU

it clearly shows the oz/nz c-tick approval, which "suggests" it is safe
to plug in to local mains.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Re: transformer polarity question US v AU

<tamam snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

** Looks like the plug is the wrong DC polarity for the device.

 You could cut the  DC lead and reverse the wires with a staggered join.

** What that also the name of the surfing movie the "shud" performed live
for ( Evolution ) ??

Saw it and them ( only just, hiding down in the orchestra pit) at the Sydney
Uni Union theatre in 1970.

Had " Lady Sunshine " going on in my head for weeks after ......

All Lenard amps and vocal PA system -  IIRC.

.........  Phil

Oh, those Uni "daze"

Hmmm... so the truth is starting to surface about your Uni days hey Phil?
Perhaps something questionable happened that led to you leaving Sydney Uni,
never to be seen there again?????

gobble, gobble,........ gobble, gobble..........

Rutmanaic = a Crim

** This is not ever going to stop:

The Rutmaniac Arse Bandit has **NEVER**  told us how much money
the Thai pal he "imported"  into Perth ripped off from his credit card and
bank accounts.

He has refused, over and over, to say why he never reported the crime his
Thai boy lover committed to his Bank or to the WA police.

** This post of his on " rec.travel asia " from 1997 explains the event:

------------------------------­------------------------------­---

"  WARNING - Tourism dangers for Gay Tourists in Thailand

 In my case I was coerced into sponsoring a Thai into Australia.  I was
lead down the garden path into a false sense of security about my
relationship with this person.  His aim was clearly to get me to purswade
the Australian Embassy to grant him a visa.  Once here I didn't exist after
he drained my bank account and ran my credit card into overdraft.

 Alan Rutlidge (Perth Western Australia)    "

----------------------------- ------------------------------------

** The 1997 date pretty much  co-incidences with the enactment of
 Section 50 BA of the Commonwealth Crimes Act.

This is the law that finally made engaging in or promoting under age
sex tourism a criminal offence  -  max penalty 17 years in jail.

BTW

The age of consent for gay males in WA in 1997 was 21 years old.

Come on  -  Arse Bandit  -  we all need to know if you were being
blackmailed.

**  I do not care how many of your vile,  criminal colleagues you organise
to intimidate me.

 It only makes you look so much  WORSE  !!!

........  Phil

Re: Rutmanaic = a Crim

That's quite okay Phil.  Just keep posting.  You're the one that's going to
look stupid. :-)

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

I have a suspicion it was hiding down in the orchestra pit that did it,
  or more likely jumping out at the cute little violinist whilst wearing
nothing but a ribbon :)

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

"Geoff" <>>>

 **  Reading is not one of Geoff's skills is it?

  BTW

  I was not a uni student in 1970.

..........  Phil

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

Nah they were encouraged to do that sort of thing in the 60s and 70s at
usyd...in fact the govt paid them to do it ;)

//Adam F

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

Was this at Sydney Uni? if so I had a this bloke as well. We used to throw
money at him and he would flap around in his gown picking it up. One day he
jumped off the desk at the front hands in his gown. I think he thought he
was batman. :) Funny or what!

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:38:44 +1000, "Greg Erskine"

Yes, it was Sydney. I never engaged in such disruptive behaviour
myself, although I was once caught snoring during a materials science
lecture.

-- Franc Zabkar

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

Sounds like Prof Mullaly. It's a good thing degrees were "free" in those
days. I wouldn't want to have paid to sit in those lectures ...

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

up.

That's funny, but also kinda sad at the same time :)

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

in his gown picking it up.

Not as sad as someone *wasting* a fully paid scholarship to
a highly regarded Oz Uni.

Cheers TT

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

Hi TT

How'd you know? I was too hard. Not enough girls. It was boring. The leather
chairs in the tele room were way too comfy. It was to far from home. I don't
like trains. The lecturers weren't good enough. I needed glasses. My arm was
sore, and most importantly I'm a dumb f$%*.  :)

Regards

Greg

Re: Oh, those Uni "daze"

TT is referring to our "Potential Nobel Prize" winner Phil Allison.

It often pays to have another go at uni, which I hope to complete in
a months time after stressing out over little things the first time
round.

Site Timeline