Traffic Lights... - Page 2

Re: Traffic Lights...

Pedestrian rules in NY city work something like this:

For pedestrians:
1) Green = walk.
2) Red = walk.

Rules for Yellow Cabs approx. one block away, approaching an
intersection displaying a green signal.
1) Honk horn.
2) Speed up.

Action by pedestrians if a Cab is honking, and you are walking on a red:

1) Locals, RUN FAST!
2) Visitors, or little old ladies, don't worry, your dead.

Took me a while to work out why a city is full of honking horns. This is
the only way they can move so many pedestrians.

:-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Re: Traffic Lights...

A NY cab ride is certainly an "experience", I learned real quick what
the handle above your head is for!

Dave :)

Re: Traffic Lights...

the ejection seat :-)

Don...

Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Re: Traffic Lights...

In a NY cab, no one can hear you scream.

Now London cabs on the other hand are ones of life's little pleasures.

Dave :)

Site Timeline