Trade price dearer than retail

Slipped into the Altronics Perth store today to purchase a few items with my trade card Some of those were 4 packs of rechargeable AAA cells for the cordless phones in the office. The Altronics website shows them at $4.00 per pack (reasonable price for

950mA/h AAA)

Later after checking the tax invoice I was charged $5.45 for each pack. That's a 36% increase over the advertised price.

Obviously advertised prices mean nothing.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

On Nov 29, 4:23=A0pm, "Alan Rutlidge"

Isn't only them, this crap goes on with many businesses, one glaring example is these "office supplies" catalogs that come in the mail (if you are a business) where the prices are frequently more than at the local retail office supply shops

One of the biggest rorts there was selling cleaning products, biscuits, coffee, soft drinks for substantially more than you would pay for the identical items at woolies, coles etc.

I have even seen this stuff go on in supermarkets. Nothing to do but to check prices thoroughly I bet they make a fortune out of people that dont bother to check.

Reply to
kreed

Anyone have a business account with Budget rent-a-car? Many cases it's cheaper if you say you don't know them.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap

http://www.dontronics-shop.com/super4-usb-relay-module.html
http://www.wizard-from-oz.com 1000\'s of electronic items
Reply to
Don McKenzie

That occurs widely. 'Business' is assumed to be able to pay more. I suspect that in the background, items such as insurance are charged more heavily if a business account is involved.

Reply to
Bruce Varley