tracking device

I am thinking about building a tracking device, not like GPS, but in a
very short range, like 1 meter or so. It got be cheap, as I'm using it
in some kind of toy. Any one know any type of devices, technology
could help?

Re: tracking device

Forget it. you won't get sub 1m resolution to work reliably for a
cheap toy.

Dave.

Re: tracking device

Hmmm! Let me think. A tracking device with a 1 metre range? Got it!!!! Your
eyes.

Re: tracking device

Doh!

Some people spoil all the fun.

Dorfus

Re: tracking device

On Aug 13, 6:44 am, Dorfus Dippintush

I would imagine there are alternatives for short range communications,
just not cheap from my point of view,
not very easily to ued for tracing purpose. Well, if most you just
thought it's not a real question but..., it just means I post it to a
wrong place.

Keep asking if you do know, better than pretenting

Re: tracking device

Correct.
But you wanted something cheap for use in a toy, and that's just not
really possible.
So your question was answered.

You posted to the right place, and you got an answer. If you want more
options, give us more detail.

How about *you* tell us what is it is you are actually trying to do?

Dave.

Re: tracking device

Ultrasonic transducers can give you quite accurate range. They're cheap
and can be easily interfaced.

Re: tracking device

   Don't tell that to Maggie!  She's in charge of my parent's home, and
keeps it cat free.  She even has a a sign that says: This house operated
solely for the convenience of the DOG.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/photos.html

   I need some newer pictures of her.  She was very sick when these were
taken. Her coat is much darker, now.

prove it.