Tpg news server

I have noticed something strange with Tpg news server. for the last half
day I have had no incoming posts through TPG other than my own sent from
TPG. I tried the phone to TPG but none of the expert service people know
that such a thing exists so I went physically to TPG headquarters in
Ryde nsw.
None of the people in a room full of boffins knew what a newsgroup was
til finally one of them figured out how to set up his computer so at
least they now know that I was not talking a foreign language. There
must be a little old man hidden in a room in the bowels of TPG with a
server that has gone bung but no one knows that he exists let alone
where he hides.
I have access through eternal-september or google which work.
The problem is not computer specific as my laptop is not getting TPG
news posts.
We must be a very small group of people, us news group people as no one
knows that such a thing exists judging on the amount of people I asked
today.

Is any other TPG user having the same problem?

Re: Tpg news server
have had no incoming posts through TPG other than my own sent from TPG. I tried
the phone to TPG but none of the expert service people know that such a thing
exists so I went physically to TPG headquarters in Ryde nsw.
finally one of them figured out how to set up his computer so at least they now
know that I was not talking a foreign language. There must be a little old man
hidden in a room in the bowels of TPG with a server that has gone bung but no
one knows that he exists let alone where he hides.
posts.
that such a thing exists judging on the amount of people I asked today.

I was a TPG user for a long time and remember a few years ago their news server
stopped working, took some weeks (if not months) to fix it. Apparently
convincing them that they have problem took most of that time... later it turned
out it run out of disk space.

Tom

Re: Tpg news server
But how do you find who to tell, none of the room full of people knew
who or how or anything about it.
At least one of them does now and I think he is going to try.

Re: Tpg news server

PS your post did not come through on TPG.

Re: Tpg news server

Doesn't surprize me. Tom

Re: Tpg news server

Yep, nothing in the last day, but it is the first NG problem that I have
had in 4 years with them.

Re: Tpg news server

It will probably stay busted because they don't know it is busted
because none of their staff know it exists.

Re: Tpg news server
If memory serves the bloke who set the server years ago does a day or
two a quarter when called , otherwise the rest are to young and
uninformed to know what a news service is , hounding them is the only
way way or use an alternative , all 12 of you

--

Re: Tpg news server
[SNIP]

I stopped using the TPG NNTP server for reading as a result of the long
outage referred to in another post.  As I understand it, a TPG rep on
whingepool kept raising the issue at TPG until one of the
one-day-a-month senior techs came in who knew *where* the NNTP server
was and had a look at it.

Hmmm, I still *post* using the TPG server... and stuff is still getting
out...  Maybe I should switch everything to n.i.n.

    Cheers,
        Gary    B-)

Re: Tpg news server

It is back.