Toyota to create a social network for cars

By Brett Winterford on May 23, 2011 Becomes 'friends' with Salesforce.com.

Japanese auto giant Toyota has adopted Salesforce.com's Chatter service to bring its vehicles into customers' social networks.

The initiative, dubbed ?Toyota Friend?, was described at a press event in Tokyo today as a communications service that connects Toyota customers, vehicles, dealers and manufacturers.

Salesforce.com?s Chatter software is a private, Twitter-like service in which users follow not just other users but also documents and discussion groups.

Full Story:

Cheers Don...

===================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

A really not needed service ?

--
Reply to
atec77

I thought the same thing about facebook and twitter when they launched. What a waste of time,space, and money.

But then, I wondered how google could actually make money when they launched a search engine. Didn't seem possible.

Now Toyota is going to have a social network for cars. I hate to imagine where this could wind up.

Cheers Don...

=====================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

On Tue, 24 May 2011 06:10:23 +1000, Don McKenzie put finger to keyboard and composed:

bring its vehicles into customers' social

Whatever happened to this social network?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Many toyo drivers are appliance users in beige , it wont fail but I might be wrong

--
Reply to
atec77

"According to its creators, who invented the network in their dorm room at Berkeley, PhoneBook is the game-changer that will leave Facebook, Twitter and even the much anticipated Google Buzz in a cloud of dust."

a cloud of dust?

another incorrect prediction, just like the end of the world hey? Dammit, the world ended and I missed it.

Cheers Don...

======================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

You were otherwise engaged on Saturday, but the world did end for the person's prediction. He is leaving his billboards up as some day he will be right. What a twit he said last Saturday, no 2nd chances.

Reply to
SG1

When was it when the 7th dayers said ? 1970 something ?

--
Reply to
atec77

keithr

Content deleted?????

Reply to
SG1

We do have the end of the Aztec calender next year......

Reply to
SG1

"Hello my name is Lisa and I would like to be your friend ....." This could end up very expensive in many ways; a) your wife is in the car and ALL services are withdrawn until you come up with some humdinger of an explanation as to why she is contacting you. b) your eyes gaze on the revealing pciture just a tad too long and you rear ending the roller stopped in front of you, c)other?

It will probably be just boring marketing shyte like the Navara Australia owners forum and all assistance will consis of minimal information and a recomendation to contact your local $hafting workshop^h^h^h^h^hcentre.

Reply to
terryc

Michael Knight and KITT come to mind.....

Reply to
SFD

"Good news folks. GOD has given us more time to do his work. We have to get out there and convert more souls and raise more money". Sigh, WC Fields had it right.

Reply to
terryc

224, 220 and 219 somewhat related, but 228 is good fun anyway.
Reply to
terryc

It's OK, I've already seen it - my fridge and my stove are best friends and conspire against me on a regular basis... in fact I think most of the appliances in my house are conspiring against my efforts to save money and lose weight, if they're not offering me instant sedentary gratification, then it's tasty, tasty sugar rushes. :)

Reply to
Des Bromilow

They'll have to rush out and buy another one then.

-- Sell your surplus electronic components at

Search or browse for that IC, capacitor, crystal or other component you need. Or find new components at

Alan

How to sell cars... not. I accompanied my father in law when he was hunting for a late midlife crisis vehicle at one of the prestige dealers. The sales guy explained that part of the package was membership to some sort of fraternity of owners, which included being invited to accompany the salesman to events such as sport. Even if I liked the creepy cars involved, that offer would have had me out the door quick smart.

Reply to
Bruce Varley

Probably goes down well with men suffering mid life crisis.

Reply to
terryc