Toyota to create a social network for cars

By Brett Winterford on May 23, 2011
Becomes 'friends' with Salesforce.com.

Japanese auto giant Toyota has adopted Salesforce.com's Chatter service to bring
its vehicles into customers' social
networks.

The initiative, dubbed ‘Toyota Friend’, was described at a press event in Tokyo
today as a communications service that
connects Toyota customers, vehicles, dealers and manufacturers.

Salesforce.com’s Chatter software is a private, Twitter-like service in which
users follow not just other users but also
documents and discussion groups.

Full Story:
http://www.godzillaseamonkey.com/toyota-to-create-a-social-network-for-cars /

Cheers Don...

===================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars
A really not needed service  ?

--

Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars

I thought the same thing about facebook and twitter when they launched.
What a waste of time,space, and money.

But then, I wondered how google could actually make money when they launched a
search engine.
Didn't seem possible.

Now Toyota is going to have a social network for cars.
I hate to imagine where this could wind up.

Cheers Don...

=====================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars
Many toyo drivers are appliance users in beige , it wont fail but I
might be wrong

--

Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars

"Hello my name is Lisa and I would like to be your friend ....."
This could end up very expensive in many ways;
a) your wife is in the car and ALL services are withdrawn until you come
up with some humdinger of an explanation as to why she is contacting you.
b) your eyes gaze on the revealing pciture just a tad too long and you
rear ending the roller stopped in front of you,
c)other?

It will probably be just boring marketing shyte like the Navara
Australia owners forum and all assistance will consis of minimal
information and a recomendation to contact your local <brand of car>
$hafting workshop^h^h^h^h^hcentre.

Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars

Michael Knight and KITT come to mind.....

Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars

It's OK, I've already seen it - my fridge and my stove are best friends
and conspire against me on a regular basis... in fact I think most of
the appliances in my house are conspiring against my efforts to save
money and lose weight, if they're not offering me instant sedentary
gratification, then it's tasty, tasty sugar rushes. :)

OT: Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars

How to sell cars... not. I accompanied my father in law when he was hunting
for a late midlife crisis vehicle at one of the prestige dealers. The sales
guy explained that part of the package was membership to some sort of
fraternity of owners, which included being invited to accompany the salesman
to events such as sport. Even if I liked the creepy cars involved,  that
offer would have had me out the door quick smart.

Re: OT: Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars

Probably goes down well with men suffering mid life crisis.

Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars
to keyboard and composed:

bring its vehicles into customers' social

Whatever happened to this social network?
http://www.borowitzreport.com/2010/02/09/introducing-the-hot-new-social-network-phonebook /

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars
http://www.borowitzreport.com/2010/02/09/introducing-the-hot-new-social-network-phonebook /

"According to its creators, who invented the network in their dorm room at
Berkeley, PhoneBook is the game-changer that
will leave Facebook, Twitter and even the much anticipated Google Buzz in a
cloud of dust."

a cloud of dust?

another incorrect prediction, just like the end of the world hey?
Dammit, the world ended and I missed it.

Cheers Don...

======================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars

http://www.borowitzreport.com/2010/02/09/introducing-the-hot-new-social-network-phonebook /
You were otherwise engaged on Saturday, but the world did end for the
person's prediction. He is leaving his billboards up as some day he will be
right. What a twit he said last Saturday, no 2nd chances.

Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars
http://www.borowitzreport.com/2010/02/09/introducing-the-hot-new-social-network-phonebook /
When was it when the 7th dayers said ?
  1970 something ?

--

Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars

http://www.borowitzreport.com/2010/02/09/introducing-the-hot-new-social-network-phonebook /

We do have the end of the Aztec calender next year......

Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars

They'll have to rush out and buy another one then.
--
Sell your surplus electronic components at http://ozcomponents.com
Search or browse for that IC, capacitor,
http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/2140222/lol /

Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars

http://www.borowitzreport.com/2010/02/09/introducing-the-hot-new-social-network-phonebook /

Content deleted?????

Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars

224, 220 and 219 somewhat related, but 228 is good fun anyway.

Re: Toyota to create a social network for cars

"Good news folks. GOD has given us more time to do his work. We have to
get out there and convert more souls and raise more money". Sigh, WC
Fields had it right.