Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

Hi, all

Can anyone assist in obtaining one? Friend bought the car and he wants to
instal handsfree kit. Toyota sells CD on the car for about $300. Books on
this car are not available yet in shops.

Thanks,
Rudolf

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

you might also try alt.autos.Toyota but the hardcover manual
when available might cost as much if not more than the CD.

--
Regards
Blue

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

Note a Kluger is a Toyota Highlander in North America (also
available as a hybrid electric vehicle) and parts of Europe
although  to add to the confusion 4Runner Surfs are also know as
Highlanders in some markets outside Japan.  In any event hard
copy manuals appear to be available but as I expected they are
not cheap.  In two volumes See
http://www.books4cars.com/result1~findmake~Toyota~imageField.x~122~imageField.y~51~offset~-1.htm

      2004 Highlander Shop Service Repair Manual Vol 2 by Toyota
(B04_RM1086_U2)
     US$139.95

     2004 Highlander shop service repair manual #1 by Toyota
(B04_RM1086U1)
     US $149.95

I would confirm they are Kluger not 4Runner Surf manuals before
buying them.
--
Regards
Blue

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

Actually why do you need a manual?  It should be easy to source
a safe +12V source of something like the glovebox light, earth
at the chassis anywhere convenient and locate the sound system
wiring without the need for a wiring schematic.

--
Regards
Blue

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

Do you mean that it is a bit like:
 " I need to change a light bulb, does anyone have a schematic of a power
station?"
or
 "I would like to spend three times the amount of the installation cost of a
car kit just for the self-satisfaction of doing it myself"

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

Perhaps but maybe there is something unique about Klugers we
don't know about.

--
Regards
Blue

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

I have installed this sort of kits quite a few times. Main thing is to find
MUTE input on radio. Usually there are books you can buy fro auto spare
stores and there is a book for  any type of vehicle. (I have books for all
of my cars). There is no book for Kluger yet.

Anther thing I am planning to put in is automatic window closer. Yes, one
can strip all doors and connect to the motors there, but it is much easier
to hook up in one place if location and pinout is known.

Rudolf

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

It is mainly to safely find MUTE signal at radio.

Rudolf

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

Buy a $3 trouble light from tricky dickies. Probe all pins in the back of
the radio, when you hit the mute connection the radio will mute, if it has a
standatd Toyota radio it is the empty connector next to the white wire on
the small plug. That will be $132 please!

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

One phone call to Fujitsu Ten (manufacturer of radio) provided me with
connectors on radio. So, one problems is solved.

I would still like to get the diagram for my reference, but it is not an
urgent thing anymore.
Will wait until book is available

Rudolf

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

Typical, some people will go to great lengths to avoid paying  ;)

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

Pulled a Toyota Prius apart the other day to search for 12 volts to hardwire
a phone cig charger. Put it back together and told my customer to use the
cig lighter. Customer was an electrical engineer (who was watching over my
shoulder) he agreed, and said only an idiot would try what we tried.
BTW, the Prius has a factory fitted bluetooth car kit. If the Kluger has a
bluetooth, I suggest you change phones instead of trying to fit a car kit.

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

It does not have one unfortunately. Hoewer it may have a connector brought
out for one. (Later Commodores do).
Wiring diagram is needed to find it.

Rudolf

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

Rudolf, several different radios are available for this model.If it is the
standard one, radio mute can be obtained from the connector for the stacker
on the back of the head unit.
If looking at back of head unit and at stacker connector(which should not
have a plug in it) it will the second connector on the left top row,
Cheers
Joe

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

Forget the stacker, use the empty connector on the smaller plug (next to
white wire), next to the power/speaker plug. (as per my earlier post)

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

Its the same plug im talking about dickhead

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

Wrong, dickhead. You obiously dont know the difference between a connector
and a plug.

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Toyota dont supply any sort of connector on
any of their cars. Dont waist your money on a manual just for that purpose.

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

Actually they do.
On all the landcruiser and camry models there is a spare connector on the
back of the head unit which is for the cd stacker which is not installed.
Radio mute can be obtained from this as i have done heaps of them
Cheers
Joe

Re: Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

Again, they dont provide the connector he is talking about. A couple of
Camry models they provided a mute wire, (and hid it). This was found on the
LHS of the radio, orange wire with a female spade connector. This was only
for a couple of models and ONLY in the Camry.