toshiba 37" lcd

my Toshiba 37" lcd tv screen has a dark curved blurry mark about 150mm long 10 mm wide at widest part,near centre of screen. It is only visible in certain screen colours,not pure white but an overall off white.It is not very visible during normal watching,only when screen is light over the area of the mark. It is not on the surface. Any ideas why ? Is it likely to get worse?

Reply to
F Murtz

Does it change shape or disappear when you put slight pressure on the screen near that spot?

I've taken apart faulty LCD screens and noticed they're made of several sheets of plastic.

Some are light dispersant & some are Polaroid/polarised sheets over the "sandwich like" glass enchased liquid crystals.

I'm guessing these sheets may have sagged /stretched due to heating from normal

operation of the LCD, or due to gravity. Ie. Rather than being flat, the sheet is slightly warped or curved.

Gently press on the spot to flatten it & see if that makes any difference, if it does that's your answer.

Reply to
?

I just tried but I can not catch it in the act long enough. It is right in the centre of the action and I need a slow movie with the right shade when the centre of the screen is vacant.

Reply to
F Murtz

It could be a finger mark in dust. Did you try cleaning the screen?

Reply to
glenbadd

It is not on the surface. I tried massaging the screen gently and thought it was better for a while but it is not.

Reply to
F Murtz

google "lcd mura" & see if any of the images you see are similar to what yours is doing. seems like a manufacturing issue with some lcd screens.

cheers,

timbo.

Reply to
timbo

It is very like the second picture in the row of four,fourth down in my search.

Reply to
F Murtz