Toothed Belt supplier in Sydney, NSW.

Where would I go to find a toothed drive belt supplier in Sydney?

It is actually the y axis drive belt of a HP Draftmaster I plotter and the square teeth are stripped. HP, etc no longer supply this part.

The online offerings are from $US250-$US450 for a refurbished one. Yerr, pull the other one.

Asking here because I figure people might have had toreplace one or two whilst servicing electronic gear, e.g. RS has a rotary encoder that has a similar drive belt (appearence wise).

I figure that I'll remove the current one and rock up to the counter and askif they have anything like it.

Reply to
Terryc

You should try a bearing shop - they sell toothed belts. Otherwise have a look at this bunch and under "timing belts".

Poxy

Try EMPR

-- they are suppliers for HP parts.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

Thanks.

The T2.5 looks to be in the ball park, so I might try some of that. It is only a small belt.

The trick is going to be getting head alignment correct.

Reply to
Terryc

Nope, been there, done that and they do not have it. That is where I obtained the part number to google the "extortions"

Reply to
Terryc

Hi, You could try

I got some belts for microfilm readers from them about 4 years ago.

Reply to
John Ely

hmm, perhaps I might look elsewhere. I want a T2, 108 tooth that is 6mm wide, which they have, but their online signup doesn't work, hint THOROUGHTLY test your web pages.

Reply to
Terryc

Woah, now there's a technology I haven't run into for a while. If you don't mind my asking, were the readers Canon?, B&H?, 3M?

Reply to
Lionel

It might sound kind of silly, but if you find a place that repairs sewing machines they might be able to help you.

James

Reply to
James

:)

Try an mechanical engineering supplies place (sort of place that sells bearings, pulleys, belts etc)

I've seen small toothed belts in R/C cars, so a place that does them may be a lead too.

that approach usually gets one closer to the answer.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

I got some belts and stuff from them a month or two ago by ordering online and it all worked OK. Their catalogue system leaves a lot to be desired, but there is a hell of a lot of stock on there.

Pretty much everything they sell is available from local bearing and engineering shops. I think the belts are made by Gates, which most bearing shops stock and supply, so you might want to give a local shop a call now that you know what spec you're after.

Reply to
Poxy

How long was your password? That is my 2c on where stuff is going wrong.

Their catalogue system leaves a lot to be desired, but

Thanks, I will wander around to one I recently found locally in the next few days.

Reply to
Terryc

online

I think probably 7 characters. It's obviously a self-written system, which inevitably has crappy bits compared to a well-tested system with a wide user-base, but I guess they were feeling keen and couldn't find an existing product that did what they wanted.

Reply to
Poxy

Hi Lionel, The readers are Dukane, Indus, NorthWest Microfilm and Gideon about 36 of them.

Reply to
John Ely