Toothed Belt supplier in Sydney, NSW.

Where would I go to find a toothed drive belt supplier in Sydney?

It is actually the y axis drive belt of a HP Draftmaster I plotter and
the square teeth are stripped. HP, etc no longer supply this part.

The online offerings are from $US250-$US450 for a refurbished one. Yerr,
pull the other one.

Asking here because I figure people might have had toreplace one or two
whilst servicing electronic gear, e.g. RS has a rotary encoder that has
a similar drive belt (appearence wise).

I figure that I'll remove the current one and rock up to the counter and
askif they have anything like it.

Re: Toothed Belt supplier in Sydney, NSW.

You should try a bearing shop - they sell toothed belts. Otherwise have a
look at this bunch and under "timing belts".

http://www.smallparts.com.au/cgi-bin/store/product.pl?alpha=T=post

Re: Toothed Belt supplier in Sydney, NSW.

Thanks.

The T2.5 looks to be in the ball park, so I might try some of that. It
is only a small belt.

The trick is going to be getting head alignment correct.

Re: Toothed Belt supplier in Sydney, NSW.

hmm, perhaps I might look elsewhere.
I want a T2, 108 tooth that is 6mm wide, which they have, but their
online signup doesn't work, hint THOROUGHTLY test your web pages.

Re: Toothed Belt supplier in Sydney, NSW.

I got some belts and stuff from them a month or two ago by ordering online
and it all worked OK. Their catalogue system leaves a lot to be desired, but
there is a hell of a lot of stock on there.

Pretty much everything they sell is available from local bearing and
engineering shops. I think the belts are made by Gates, which most bearing
shops stock and supply, so you might want to give a local shop a call now
that you know what spec you're after.

Re: Toothed Belt supplier in Sydney, NSW.

How long was your password?
That is my 2c on where stuff is going wrong.

  Their catalogue system leaves a lot to be desired, but

Thanks, I will wander around to one I recently found locally in the next
few days.

Re: Toothed Belt supplier in Sydney, NSW.

online

I think probably 7 characters. It's obviously a self-written system, which
inevitably has crappy bits compared to a well-tested system with a wide
user-base, but I guess they were feeling keen and couldn't find an existing
product that did what they wanted.

Re: Toothed Belt supplier in Sydney, NSW.

Try EMPR (www.empr.com.au) -- they are suppliers for HP parts.

Rudolf

Re: Toothed Belt supplier in Sydney, NSW.

Nope, been there, done that and they do not have it.
That is where I obtained the part number to google the "extortions"

Re: Toothed Belt supplier in Sydney, NSW.

     You could try www.motiontech.com.au  I got some belts for microfilm
readers from them about 4 years ago.

Re: Toothed Belt supplier in Sydney, NSW.

Woah, now there's a technology I haven't run into for a while. If you
don't mind my asking, were the readers Canon?, B&H?, 3M?

Re: Toothed Belt supplier in Sydney, NSW.

Hi Lionel,
               The readers are Dukane, Indus, NorthWest Microfilm and Gideon
about 36 of them.

Re: Toothed Belt supplier in Sydney, NSW.

It might sound kind of silly, but if you find a place that repairs sewing
machines they might be able to help you.

James

Re: Toothed Belt supplier in Sydney, NSW.

:)

Try an mechanical engineering supplies place (sort of place that sells
bearings, pulleys, belts etc)

I've seen small toothed belts in R/C cars, so a place that does them may
be a lead too.

that approach usually gets one closer to the answer.

Bye.
   Jasen

Site Timeline