Today Tonight Exploding Petrol Stations - Page 2

Re: Today Tonight Exploding Petrol Stations

It was TT. Didn't watch it, but kept hearing promos for it on radio,
whilst at the petrol station.

Must soon gave another "cure-all" bottled water segment lined up.

Re: Today Tonight Exploding Petrol Stations

No, it was both TT and ACA.

Re: Today Tonight Exploding Petrol Stations

It was on ACA as well for some reason. I liked some of their facts. "Most of
the time the static electricity is caused when you get into your car while
refuelling". Yes, might be true in the USA but in Australia they take off
the little latch that allows you to leave the nozzle unattended. In
Australia you have to keep your hand on the nozzle or jam your petrol cap
under the lever. The problem with that is the petrol cap isn't big enough
and it reduces the fuel flow.

They also said Australians fill up 9 billion times a year yet, with the
exception of one clip from WA, all of the clips were from overseas. Even the
one in WA was nothing to do with clothing. The fire was caused by static
buildup on the tarpaulin covering the back of the ute.

Despite the fact that we fill up 9 billion times a year they didn't cite
even one example of it actually happening.

MYTH BUSTED!

Re: Today Tonight Exploding Petrol Stations

Not in all servos here in Oz.  Also, there are ways to fudge it if you
don't really want to hold the trigger.

Re: Today Tonight Exploding Petrol Stations

I haven't seen a servo yet where it hasn't been removed. It's illegal to
leave them on. Yes I know you can get around it, as I stated, but people who
do that are the sort of people who want to be lown up.

Re: Today Tonight Exploding Petrol Stations

This bullshit was on Media Watch about three years ago only they were
talking about static from Mobile phones.