Today Myer launches under $1000AUD GST free, Chinese on line shop.

Live Today:

Myer joins e-commerce rush

After threatening in December to launch a China-based retail website to allow
Australian customers to shop GST-free,
Myer has pushed the button on the experimental site with the online shop going
live this morning.

Called myfind.com, the site is supported by a back office in Hong Kong and China
that will offer a range of clothes,
housewares and other merchandise to Australian shoppers and then fill those
orders offshore.

As is the case with popular foreign retail websites such as Amazon.com and
eBay.com, the goods will then be posted to
Australia - but because they are coming from offshore, all purchases below $1000
will be GST free.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/myer-joins-ecommerce-rush-20110228-1bb1s.html

Cheers Don...

==================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Today Myer launches under $1000AUD GST free, Chinese on line shop.

 Can't beat them, so join them?
 Still just a little bit hypocritical.

 Though I'm willing to bet they're artificially marking prices up a bit
to make up for their lost local sales.
--
I find myself beside a stream of empty thought

Re: Today Myer launches under $1000AUD GST free, Chinese on line shop.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/myer-joins-ecommerce-rush-20110228-1bb1s.html

Nope, not when they said they would do that if the govt didnt start charging the
GST on all imports.

up for their lost local sales.

You dont know they even have any lost local sales.

Re: Today Myer launches under $1000AUD GST free, Chinese on line shop.

the GST on all imports.

 So their prices are STILL going to be higher than individual imports
from China?
 Perhaps not as high as local stores, but still higher.
 I'm still at a loss as to how this is going to help anyone OTHER than
Myers die-hards.

make up for their lost local sales.

 So their whining has nothing to do with actual losses then?
 You think they like whining just because it's fun?
--
Junior! Quit playing with your floppy.

Re: Today Myer launches under $1000AUD GST free, Chinese on line shop.
On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 16:22:32 +1100, John Tserkezis

http://www.theage.com.au/business/myer-joins-ecommerce-rush-20110228-1bb1s.html

Don't look razzel dazzel price wise to me?
http://www.myfind.com /
I bought a Dicksmith catalogue priced Toshiba 15.6 laptop for $500 and
got a $50 Woolworths voucher I spent in Dan Murphy's Grog shop
--
Petzl
Liberal Labor? Pot Kettle?

Lost Australian Jobs ?
I bet there have been plenty created by small online business, both on
and off Ebay.

The savings in not being ripped off by Myer and co, also results in
extra spending locally too I would bet that that creates jobs, and
raises living standards, especially for those who work for low wages
at these large chain stores.

Re: Today Myer launches under $1000AUD GST free, Chinese on line shop.
????????   buying stuff from over seas is  gst free.......... i just  bought
several items  $1260, $ 1400 and $ 1800  never  paid a red cent in gst.

Re: Today Myer launches under $1000AUD GST free, Chinese on line shop.

Not always.

in gst.

That varys with the shipping method.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/myer-joins-ecommerce-rush-20110228-1bb1s.html