Tips for repairing earphone wires?

The kids are occasionally breaking their mp3 earphone wires due to
fatigue/catching and I repair them when I can. The modern ones have colour
coded enamelled wire and are both fine and flexible. I generally fix them
with some wire and heatshrink and try to rebuild starin reliefs with
heatshrink too. Lifetime of a repair is not real good and they don't look
'cool'. Many of these earphones have appaling strain relief and allow tiny
bend radii to occur.

I'm interested if anyone has come up with good solid repair methods and
materials for the job which they would like to share. Maybe there is even a
source of this wire?

Re: Tips for repairing earphone wires?

go wireless?

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: Tips for repairing earphone wires?

Get some quality wire. You can get some with meshed shielding that will
pretty much never break.

Re: Tips for repairing earphone wires?

Or better yet, get some quality earphones. Yes, I know they
cost more and the kids will just lose them instead, but they
do seem to be worth the extra. They may not necessarily sound
better, but they frequently seem to last better.

Site Timeline