Tingles from power supply

Apparently many Americans think their idea of 'free speech', usually insults and the like supersedes the terms and conditions of a commercial contract.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Sounds line that wall wart is a transformer rather than a switcher supply. A bit messy adding a ground line which shoud connect to the transformer laminations.

Reply to
Robert Baer

The dongle thing is hilarious. That guy HAS to be playing a deliberately stupid game surely ? Or is the USA in really such a bad state that a self-alleged SMPS expert ( power entry module ) doesn't know the right words ?

It's starting to happen in the UK too now. I'll get started on MBAs too if I'm not careful.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

RFI? Think not; that voltage is about half the line, and is from capacitave coupling from primary to secondary (if transformer type).

Reply to
Robert Baer

In the UK, IME, we just call them 'neons' in the lab. Not that I've used one in ages. They do discolour the glass, fade and eventually stop working totally given long enough. LEDs seem to fare better, especially at lower currents.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Master of Bugger Alls?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

I'm

Yup, those are the ones. After 15 very successful years with the same company and much promotion, my sister was on Sunday looking at other job opportunities online since her previously superb line boss whom she respected immensely ( but sadly suddenly died unexpectedly ) was replaced by an MBA.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I'm

and

online

Well, one shouldn't condemn someone merely because they have an MBA. I even looked into doing one myself (decided not to - I'm too much a techno-geek), simply as a meal ticket.

Of course, if possession of an MBA is the only quality a person brings, then that's a different story.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

One does NOT buy a standard either. One buys a license to own a copy of a standard, idiot.

Reply to
FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsist

Lyrics posting?

You are more retarded than Roy is, boy.

Reply to
FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsist

A simple glance at the output ripple waveform will also determine if it is a switcher or not. D'oh!

Reply to
FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsist

Your endeavors to make the world a better place, however, are fictional.

Reply to
FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsist

Look, dumbfuck, an AMERICAN invented the light bulb, and ANY light producing transducer encapsulated in glass has been called a bulb ever since, and NO, it is not merely "mainly in America", you stupid twit.

Reply to
FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsist

Wrong. ALL light bulbs CAN also be referred to as lamps.

Are you really so thick as to think that there is only one moniker?

If so, you are worse than my original estimation pegged you as.

Reply to
FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsist

That would be you. I am quite sure that you have had more shafts than a Chinese coal mine.

Reply to
FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsist

An idiot that describes a depleting ceramic cap shock from a wall wart removal "quite a belt", and techno-geek are mutually exclusive, idiot.

You are a techno-wanna-be-but-is-a-total-twit-instead... At best.

Reply to
FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsist

The only thing you are capable of is showing how inadequate you are.

"FunkyPunk" - enlightening !

You are a pathetic little bully boy...with green teeth.

Reply to
clanker

No.. funkshun poignter at your momma. Maybe one day you will get it, but I doubt that a twit like you will ever understand programming.

Your mother should be jailed as a felon for the heinous crime of not flushing the piece of shit that you are, the moment she shat you from the ass of the piece of shit that she is.

You are so full of shit that you eyes are brown, and there is a foul stench emanating from your ears.

Reply to
FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsist

I will also grant that this debate about "bulbs" is trivial But not so outlandishly stupid as calling those small power supplies dongles !

Reply to
F Murtz

Pathetic, really.

Reply to