Tingles from power supply - Page 3

Re: Tingles from power supply

It HAS to be TWO caps or a single cap of special construction incorporating a
safety barrier (Y2).

Graham

Re: Tingles from power supply
On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 01:35:03 +1100, Sylvia Else

  You're an idiot, and it is related to your 100% lack of grasp of
electronics.

Re: Tingles from power supply

YOU obviously haven't a clue what it is.

Graham

Re: Tingles from power supply
On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 19:46:14 +0000, Eeyore

  A few years back was the end of my tenure of ten years in making power
supplies, you retarded twit.

  I have even designed custom entry modules, and if you know what that
term refers to, then you know your claim is invalid, you retarded fuck.

Re: Tingles from power supply

I don't give a shit.

YOU'RE WRONG.

Re: Tingles from power supply

100% correct. It'll almost certainly be a Y2 cap between the live and
secondary sides of the switching transformer.

Go to powerint.com to find out why it's there.

Graham

Re: Tingles from power supply

My 'assumptions' were clearly 100% correct.

Franc came to the same conclusions too. Maybe you're not as expert as you
think.

Graham

Re: Tingles from power supply
On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 10:17:13 +0000, Eeyore

  You made yourself a liar when you stated that the amount of stored
charge has to be small.

  It is, you idiot, so your claim that she was shocked by said cap is
total bullshit.  I am quite sure her idea of quite a belt and ours
differs as well.

  I have never received "quite a belt" from a ceramic cap, even at 20kV,
and I have dealt with them a lot.  It takes a huge bank of them, which I
have also made, and no, you do not survive a zap from that bank.

Re: Tingles from power supply

Bollocks. Do you want the damn clause ? I'm hardly inclined to bother looking it
up again for an idiot like you though.

Graham

Re: Tingles from power supply
On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 11:15:11 +0000, Eeyore

  Dumbass! Read it again.  You didn't make yourself a liar about the
statement about the caps  and the stored charge taken from the spec.  You
made yourself a liar when you contradicted that statement previously.

Re: Tingles from power supply

it

I'm not going to read a whole bloody EN just for your benefit again but off the
top
of my head ISTR the value was 45uC.

Your UL shit counts for nothing anymore. It's had to conform to IEC. Hence the
renumbering in accordance with IEC. Or  the US would be frozen out of the World
Market. Your choice.

Graham

Re: Tingles from power supply

You've twisted my words. I said it has to have a limit.

Since you're such an expert I'm sure YOU can quote that figure. Then I'll post a
section of the relevant norms to see if you have even the minutest clue.

I STRONGLY suspect you will be as usual 'always wrong'. I doubt you even have
copies of the norms.

Graham

Re: Tingles from power supply
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 00:21:31 +0000, Eeyore

 Human contact limit for medical devices is 20A.  Our device limited at
11A.  I doubt that you know what the mu character stands for though.

  If human contact is not expected, and the design is enclosed, the limit
is higher.

  Either way, you are retarded for assuming what you think I know.  You
are the dope without a clue.

Re: Tingles from power supply
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 02:18:25 +0000, Eeyore

  You're an idiot.

  Try using sentences that actually mean something.

  You're an idiot.  Our company was owned over 50% by a UK firm, and they
had plants as well.

  It was CE and UL then, and IEC compliance was easy.

Re: Tingles from power supply
On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 10:17:13 +0000 Eeyore

It's a good thing he isn't wearing cleats, as often as he steps on his
crank.

Re: Tingles from power supply
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 01:40:47 +0000, Eeyore

  Especially when he is too much of a pussy (like you) to put his money
where his mouth is.

Re: Tingles from power supply

  Like I said...  you're just another pussy boy.

Re: Tingles from power supply

   RFI? Think not; that voltage is about half the line, and is from
capacitave coupling from primary to secondary (if transformer type).

Re: Tingles from power supply

  Line filters both keep noise OUT of your device, and keep noise that
your device makes from getting out.  Mainly of the EMI type.

  A quote from wiki:

     A line filter may be used to attenuate EMI in either direction. For
example:
           Emissions: It may be used to reduce the unintentional
conducted emission from the equipment, to a level sufficiently low to
pass regulatory limits (such as FCC part 15). For example, in switching
power supplies.

           Immunity: It may be used to reduce the level of EMI entering
the equipment, to a level sufficiently low not to cause any undesired
behavior. For example, in equipment used in Radio Transmitter facilities.

  As soon as she said RFI I laughed, and then the donkey agreed.  I
busted a gut!

Re: Tingles from power supply

I think you need to read up on modern wall wart type switchers.

Graham

Site Timeline