Tingles from power supply - Page 13

Re: Tingles from power supply

 More childish post editing horseshit.

 Yes, it is post editing, since you preface it with "Eko....  wrote in
Message id:..."

  If you were any more retarded, I'd hunt down your entire bloodline and
eradicate your sub-human asses from the planet.

  You are not a part of the Dharma Initiative so stop playing yourself
off as being intelligent or humorous.  You are neither.

  Please do increase your sedatives until you achieve 100% respiratory
failure, asswipe.

Re: Tingles from power supply

I see you're catching on, Chim-Chim.

No shit, pissflap. That was the only point (other than the one under your
comb-over) of the exercise. Do you realize that you've made a blithering
idiot of yourself just after you hit "send", or do you have to wait until
I point it out to you?

A keyboard commando! You don't see *those* everyday on Usenet.
[rolls eyes]

What are you going to do next, threaten to bite my kneecaps? If you were
half the man you seem to think you are, you'd admit defeat, retire from
the field with some small measure of your dignity still intact, and eat a
pistol in lonely solitude.

Aww... And just when I thought we were making a bit of progress.

[pulls life-support plug]

Re: Tingles from power supply

  You will not be missed.  Shame you do not die immediately.

Re: Tingles from power supply

[...] Where "Mr. Eko" Learns a Lesson about post editing.

<Throws banana>

Maybe next time, you might consider making sure you actually know what
you're talking about before you come on like a spitting trouser cobra.

Now run along like a good little chimp before I become cross.

Re: Tingles from power supply

  Wrong again, asswipe.  Shame you lied and did not pull your plug. Shame
you have not rid us of your presence.

  Fuck off and die, dumbfuck.

Re: Tingles from power supply
On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 04:10:07 -0700 TheKraken

Yeah, I guess you're right. You're apparently unable to learn anything
about anything. Maybe there's an adult-ed program that offers a night
class in critical thinking. Then again, the ability to think at all would
be an obvious prerequisite, so you might not qualify.

Re: Tingles from power supply
   Sounds line that wall wart is a transformer rather than a switcher
supply.
   A bit messy adding a ground line which shoud connect to the
transformer laminations.

Re: Tingles from power supply

  Also likely not to have a line filter incorporated at all as well.

Re: Tingles from power supply
   AFAIK wall warts never use line filters.

Re: Tingles from power supply

 That depends on their size, and after they get too big to hang on the
outlet, they become in-line units that lie on the floor.

  ANY supply fed by a std IEC power cord has them, I can practically
guarantee it.  Nearly all of those are switchers too.

  Nearly any from a major maker like Sony does.

   Yes, most outlet hung devices do not have said filtration, and most
are not switchers either... but a few are.

Re: Tingles from power supply

In fact many, if not most new manufacturer supplied plug packs are switchers
these days. The cost is now similar, with the bonus of less weight, and
usually universal supply voltage.

MrT.

Re: Tingles from power supply

  All but the big name boys buy from an OEM supplier, and even some of
the big guys do as well.

  The small wall hung jobs only are switchers if the power need calls for
it.  If it a simple trickle charger or other such low draw device, you
will still find the old style in use. Also true if ripple figure does not
pose a problem, like in cases where the regulation circuitry is in the
device.  It is cheaper, and Chinese makers ship by the container full,
with weight only adding to cost when it is overtly different.
There are even AC 'feeders' for this purpose. Particularly since OEMers
still have tens of thousands of them on hand.

 As you know, end of year inventories do not have the same consequence
over there as it does here, so an order for 100k of something might cause
an mfg run of 140k pieces.  So there is surely a huge glut of the old
style devices still available.  Also, transformers themselves are still
very cheap, and get made in even bigger quantities on practically
unattended machines.

Re: Tingles from power supply

switchers

Which has nothing to do with transformer Vs switching supply choice though.
The OEM's make both.

Maybe, but since trickle chargers are far less comon now, that is a
shrinking market.
Your undefined claim of "most are not switchers" and "few are" is what I
dispute. It is certainly not my experience with new products.

MrT.

Re: Tingles from power supply

  That was not the point. The point was that the bigger makers actually
spend more thought, time, and resources to make supplies that will last
longer and provide 'cleaner' power rail(s).  Those makers make their own
designs.

  Of course OEMs make both.

Re: Tingles from power supply

though.

And the connection with the disputed claim "most are not switchers" and "few
are" is what exactly?
And how does that affect his claim "All but the big name boys buy from an
OEM supplier, and even some of
the big guys do as well" in any case?

MrT.

Re: Tingles from power supply

 "Most are not" leaves a few that would be .  One remark is not negated
by the other.

Re: Tingles from power supply

"few

Never said they did, I disputed them BOTH.
MANY are, a few are not these days.

You can argue over percentages, but unless you provide some actual figures,
your just wasting everyone's time.

MrT.

Re: Tingles from power supply

 Your claim is no different, putz.

Re: Tingles from power supply

figures,

I made no claim, I simply disputed the accuracy of yours. Not that anyone
who uses personal abuse as a substitute for logic is worth arguing with
anyway.

MrT.

Re: Tingles from power supply

  The easiest way to tell is by weight.

 Can you tell if a handgun is loaded or not by the feel in your hand? If
so, you should have enough brains to make a valid declaration about what
is inside a plastic box that you hang on your outlet...  by feel as well.

 I certainly can.

Site Timeline