Time to Own Up !!

"kreed"

**  That is indeed   * VERY  *  worrying news.

Surely  YOU  must know exactly who these illegal and highly dangerous leads
came from.

So  YOU   have a massive, moral obligation to report them to the relevant
safety authority  IMMEDIATELY !!!

Unless perhaps  YOU  are in reality the importer by having purchased them
direct from China yourself  ??

Time to own up,  Mr Reed.

Who are you protecting and why  ??

........   Phil

Re: Time to Own Up !!

worrying news.
Only 2, I already said where one of them came from in the original
thread, one of the others i'm 90% sure came with a power supply bought
with a portable hard drive case on E-bay approx. 2 years ago.   The
other 2 I have no idea where they came from, or how long they had been
here (they were unused and were in a box of about 20 other unused IEC
cords that could have come from any of the many items I have bought or
replaced over the years.  They accumulate because in cases like the
replacement of a faulty computer power supply, the cord that came with
the original one was re-used.  So many things use these leads now, and
they all are the same black colour cord and plug/socket it would be
impossible for me to work out what they came with, or which supplier or
when.
No.

Re: Time to Own Up !!

"kreed"

** That is FALSE.

You identified no- one.

Have you even contacted the one dealer you DO know and informed him of the
laws in relation to appliance leads   ?

How about contacting the QLD  safety authority ?

YOU have the evidence right in your hands.

........   Phil

Re: Time to Own Up !!

----------------------------

I have warned him as follows:

Hi there.

I recently bought this board from you. I should warn you recent testing
showed that the mains cord (used for the PC power supply) that you
supplied with the kit is well below Australian Standards for these
leads, and when tested at its rated load of 10A 240vac melted and
started to catch fire in less than 2 minutes.  I would suggest that you
contact others you have sold the boards to as a matter of URGENCY and
recall the cords in case one of them starts a fire which may result in
you being held liable.
If you dont believe me, please get a qualified person to test one of
them.

I havent yet received a reply.

-------------------------
I havent yet
have you got details on them ?

Re: Time to Own Up !!

"kreed"

** The wording could be much stronger and  include phrases like "
prosecution by the Qld Goverment."

But say no more now, or he will hide all evidences from the inspectors.

** Yes,  see:

http://www.dir.qld.gov.au/corporate/contactus/feedback.epl

See also:

http://www.dir.qld.gov.au/electricalsafety/business/manufacturers/index.htm

http://www.dir.qld.gov.au/electricalsafety/business/manufacturers/safety/prescribed /

After phoning and speaking with a safety officer,  send the leads with
Aussie plugs them by registered post with all details of the supplier.

Re: Time to Own Up !!

Ha HHHAAAA HHAAAAAhaaa haa haaa, thats funny... Dont waste your
time... Ha  haa haaa. You should see how easy it is to get approvals
in QLD haaa haa. What a joke..

[...]

Site Timeline