Time to Own Up !!

"kreed"

> > Just checking all the cords we have here, I found another 4 of these > leads. All would have been supplied in the last 18 months, All had > Australian Plugs (of different styles) and all were around the 0.5 ohm > per metre reading. Lengths vary from 1 metre to 1.5 metre. > > I would suggest everyone on this group does an immediate safety check > on any leads that they may have in use.
** That is indeed * VERY * worrying news.

Surely YOU must know exactly who these illegal and highly dangerous leads came from.

So YOU have a massive, moral obligation to report them to the relevant safety authority IMMEDIATELY !!!

Unless perhaps YOU are in reality the importer by having purchased them direct from China yourself ??

Time to own up, Mr Reed.

Who are you protecting and why ??

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

worrying news.

Only 2, I already said where one of them came from in the original thread, one of the others i'm 90% sure came with a power supply bought with a portable hard drive case on E-bay approx. 2 years ago. The other 2 I have no idea where they came from, or how long they had been here (they were unused and were in a box of about 20 other unused IEC cords that could have come from any of the many items I have bought or replaced over the years. They accumulate because in cases like the replacement of a faulty computer power supply, the cord that came with the original one was re-used. So many things use these leads now, and they all are the same black colour cord and plug/socket it would be impossible for me to work out what they came with, or which supplier or when.

No.

Reply to
kreed

"kreed"

** That is FALSE.

You identified no- one.

Have you even contacted the one dealer you DO know and informed him of the laws in relation to appliance leads ?

How about contacting the QLD safety authority ?

YOU have the evidence right in your hands.

[...]

----------------------------

I have warned him as follows:

Hi there.

I recently bought this board from you. I should warn you recent testing showed that the mains cord (used for the PC power supply) that you supplied with the kit is well below Australian Standards for these leads, and when tested at its rated load of 10A 240vac melted and started to catch fire in less than 2 minutes. I would suggest that you contact others you have sold the boards to as a matter of URGENCY and recall the cords in case one of them starts a fire which may result in you being held liable. If you dont believe me, please get a qualified person to test one of them.

I havent yet received a reply.

-------------------------

I havent yet have you got details on them ?

Reply to
kreed

"kreed"

** The wording could be much stronger and include phrases like " prosecution by the Qld Goverment."

But say no more now, or he will hide all evidences from the inspectors.

** Yes, see:

See also:

After phoning and speaking with a safety officer, send the leads with Aussie plugs them by registered post with all details of the supplier.

Reply to
Phil Allison

Ha HHHAAAA HHAAAAAhaaa haa haaa, thats funny... Dont waste your time... Ha haa haaa. You should see how easy it is to get approvals in QLD haaa haa. What a joke..

Reply to
The Real Andy