Thoughts on onboard car camera systems...

Been considering such a system for the car - but not sure whether to
go for a purpose designed system (expensive, presumably) or make up my
own?

I have a Swann 4 camera pvr similar to this laying around spare :
http://www.swann.com/s/products/view/?product51%4 , runs off 12v, so
no problems there. I'd prefer it was running 24/7.

I'd be interested to hear of your experiences or suggestions on any
purpose designed systems, or whether or not the Swann pvr will be
adequate for the job - and if so, what cameras would be best for the
job? I'd like to have 360 degree coverage ( a big ask I imagine) and
enough resolution to read number plates in a variety of lighting
conditions.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Thoughts on onboard car camera systems...

Altronics have one on special at the moment.  Part no. S9430 - $299.00

Don't know if it would be suitable for what you want
--
Sell your surplus electronic components at http://ozcomponents.com
Search or browse for that IC, capacitor,

Not quite, but it's an option and interesting in of itself, so thanks
anyway, cheers.

Site Timeline