Thomson TV flashing...

G'day,

What does it mean when my CRT Thomson 66cm Widescreen TV wont turn on,
and the standby light flashes

2
7

2
7

Yes, it must be pushing 5 years old, which is supposedly old age in
modern electrical equipment, but I'm really hoping to get at least
another 6 months out of this set so I'm out of uni and earning again.

First sign of trouble actually started about 3 months ago.  It would no
longer turn on from standby mode.  Had to physically turn the power
button off, wait 5-10 seconds, then turn it on.

Today, my fiancée turned the tv on, and within a few minutes it turned
itself off, and then the Standby Light did the abovementioned flashes.
Repeated attempts to turn it on result in the same flashing.

Any advice appreciated.

cheers

cosmic

Re: Thomson TV flashing...

Give it to a technician.

Thomson chassis can be quite a pain to fix even for experienced techs.

I can look at it if in Melbourne.

Rudolf

Re: Thomson TV flashing...

I'm up in Brisbane...

Looks like those "codes" are a tightly guarded secret... can't find any
refs online to tell me what 2-7-2-7 could mean...

Anyone know a good tech in Logan area?

cheers

Re: Thomson TV flashing...

Hi,

e-mail me directly (aus_electronics AT rumatech DOT com) and I will give you
details of a tech in Brisbane. Not sure what area, though.

Rudolf

Re: Thomson TV flashing...

There is a kiwi guy at central Mt Gravat who has a clue .. I just cant
find his card...

Re: Thomson TV flashing...

Nah, give it to Mark. He'll rebuild the power supply.