Thermal Fuse in Fan

Hi, I have a ceiling fan that stopped fanning.
Turns out to be a thermal fuse that's blown, probably due to running the fan all
day. The fan works fine otherwise.
The fuse is a white rectangular radial type marked 115deg M20 07F.
I have on stock a number of axial ones marked 156deg 10A.
The closest Altronics stocks is 133deg axial 10A.

My question is:
Would it cause a fire risk to use the 157deg ones, or even the 133deg?
Or has the fan manufacturer just been over cautious by choosing such a low
value? Or could it have other reasons, it certainly boosts their turnover. After
all it failed in an otherwise healthy fan.

Tony

Re: Thermal Fuse in Fan

"TonyS"

 **  WES Components sell the right one:

      Cat no:   TF115

      Costs less than $2.

** Yes.  Very much so.

** No -  the wire insulation is probably rated at 125 C max.

**  Any fan motor running at 115 C is  NOT healthy.

....  Phil

Re: Thermal Fuse in Fan

Thanks Phil, will order the right one then.
I guess there is another point I should mention: The mounting was in a way that
the airflow was a fair bit reduced.
I thought that may have contributed to the overheating and opened it up with a
roof vent.

Cheers

Tony

Re: Thermal Fuse in Fan

What might seem a silly comment - I don't know what construction the fuse is
(lugs incorporated?) It should probably be installed using crimp
connections. Years ago I heard of someone who installed a couple of thermal
fuses by soldering before realiszing what they were doing...............

Re: Thermal Fuse in Fan

It was actually soldered.
The wires are 50mm long.
When soldering them hurry up and use pliers as a heat sink :-)

Tony

Re: Thermal Fuse in Fan

LOL. Good point.

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because
Re: Thermal Fuse in Fan

[...]

Too true. If your fan motor is running at over 60c, you need to find out
why, & fix it.

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because