The New Ipod - Page 2

Re: The New Ipod

lol!  If your name's not Rob can you get a custom shirt with your own
name on it?

Re: The New Ipod

I believe 'Rob' was a verb.

-Andrew M

it?

Re: The New Ipod

Whoops, sorry Andrew. I forgot one of these ;)

Re: The New Ipod

The massive takeup of these iThings in the US was very apparent when over
there last week.   Probably about 90% of people with headphones had the
telltale white cables (yes, apparently there are companies out there selling
white earplugs so those without iThings don't feel left out...)..
Just look at Apple shares recently, thru the roof...
Regards
--
Tonymy01
http://tonyspage.abock.de for Topfield TAPS, links etc.

Re: The New Ipod

LOL good to see the Apple forge a cottage industry in headphones :)

I forgot to say that in the very same news broadcast on 10 at least
they also made mention of a 10% drop in Apple shares

Re: The New Ipod

My wife said " Isn't it just a small portable TV?"

Well, er.... Yes.

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: The New Ipod

snipped-for-privacy@mysig.com says...

Except for the TV part, yes.

--

"Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

Re: The New Ipod

Because they promise the networks they'll run huge advertising capaigns if
they promote the iPod. Just like Sony did with the PSP.

HR

Re: The New Ipod

It's the same here in the US. Every newscast on every major TV
network is providing free advertisement for Apple's iPod. After the
Apple-provided clip, when the focus returns to the newscasters, they
happytalk each other about how they really want one. I don't know how
Apple does it. It was the same for Segway, which seemed to be
associated with Steve Jobs. Followed the free introductory campaign, no
major network advertising followed, so it's unlikely the promise of
that was the motive for the networks.
--
)|||(__Nehmo__)|||(

Re: The New Ipod

Would you buy a Segway?

Re: The New Ipod

The low-end Segway costs much more than I paid for my truck. I
couldn't buy one.

--
 )|||(__ Nehmo __)|||(

Re: The New Ipod

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:07:22 +0930, John

Because Apple pay for the stories to air

Re: The New Ipod

It's certainly possible. But that means every network allows
advertisements to be placed _inside_ the newscasts.
--
)|||(__ Nehmo __)|||(

Re: The New Ipod

Isn't that a conflict of interest?

Re: The New Ipod

I would say it's a violation of professional ethics, if that's what
the networks did. But I'm not so sure that that's what they did.
Maybe the news show producers don't understand consumer electronics,
and when The Great Visionary Jobs tells them he has something
revolutionary, they buy his line. The mythical reputation Jobs has goes
a long way -- but it won't be enough to make a success out of a
feature-poor TV with a cellphone screen.

As many others have pointed out, there already are several little
TV's, e.g.: http://www.pocketdish.com/getone.jsp . A
"revolutionary" product introduction would be something with a
*new* killer feature. I like mobile wallet :
http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/1115/p13s02-wmgn.html , which already has
a foothold in Japan.
--

Site Timeline