The chainsaw spoof!! Reaction?

Very strange,

48 hours ago, I posted the USB chainsaw item.

It starts a thread that covers every thing from horsepower formula to
75A USB ports.

It also generates the usual amounts of comedy, no abuse, (very unusual
for any thread today), and some new theories in electronics and mathematics.

24 hours later, I deliver the tag line, the spoof, the kicker:
http://www.usbchainsaw.com/reveal.html

I wait another 24 hours for the reaction.
Guess what?
No reaction.

I guess I place the "Hello?" Icon here.
:-)

Have a good weekend, or like me, are you trying to give them up?

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: The chainsaw spoof!! Reaction?

Great Don, a 28MB file to play sound effect....um yeah!

Re: The chainsaw spoof!! Reaction?

Please, I'm just the messenger, but it's nice to see a reaction.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: The chainsaw spoof!! Reaction?

No problem!  If you want a chainsaw sound effect, there is a program
named chainsaw that cuts files into a user selected size.  That program
makes a nice sound effect and is small.

Re: The chainsaw spoof!! Reaction?

I chuckled at the original link, figured it for a spoof, then ignored the
thread.

Nice joke.  I think I'll print it out and show it to my wife.

--
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Re: The chainsaw spoof!! Reaction?
going to use that when the wankers from the CMCA pull up right next to us
because they are lonely
the external speakers will chase anybody away with that chainsaw sound

Re: The chainsaw spoof!! Reaction?

And everybody knew it was a spoof.

Well, it was obviously a spoof and the "reveal" was pretty
lame: you can download a program that plays a sound.  Not much
to react to.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Now I'm concentrating
                                  at               on a specific tank battle

It is not about the saw sound, it's about creating awareness (and looking
for awareness in electronics&embedded engineers is almost like looking for
sand in the desert).

Also, consider how much heat and greenhouse gases were emitted in the
creation and accessing of the website.

Indeed not really something worth reacting to.

http://www.opera.com/mail /

Re: The chainsaw spoof!! Reaction?

Not to mention that a program like that has a great likelihood of
being a vehicle for malware.

Site Timeline