That's a lot of calculators...

Casio have sold 1 billion calculators
http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/news/article/528 /

That's, a lot.

Dave :)

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

    I helped - I bought 3 of them!

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

Not counting older ones I threw out, I have at least 5.

Pity their website only has the most recent model manuals in pdf - I've lost
the manuals for all but one of them!

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

Struth! I just checked and found 3 at my finger tips. I guess over the
years, I owned and threw out quite a lot too.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

    I forgot that I bought a BASIC-programmed Casio PB-100 'Personal
Computer' with extra 1K or so RAM module and little thermal printer from
Sheridan Electronics in about 1982. Amazing what I could do with it...
filter calculations and everything!
    But when I need to calculate something, I still grab the fx-140 I
bought in 1978. Battery life on a pair of alkaline AA cells has been
averaging about 10 years!

Bob

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

"Bob Parker"

**  LCD  or  fluorescent  ?

.......   Phil

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

    Fluorescent.... Obviously it doesn't get a lot of use these days.

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

"Bob Parker"

 **  Alkaline AA batteries sure last a long time ....

......  long as you don't actually use them.

.......  Phil

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

    Quite a lot of years ago, Eveready were advertising how their
alkalines could sit around for a few years and still retain most of
their charge.
    I wrote them a letter saying, "That's nothing, the ones in my Casio
calculator have been there for 9 (maybe 10) years and they're still
going strong when I use it!".
    A while later a Dolphin torch with alkaline battery arrived by post,
with a letter saying "Thanks for telling us".
    I was impressed!

Bob

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

   A geologist mailed Union Carbide a photo of a PNG tribesman using
a rectangular Eveready battery box as a penis sheath with a suggestion
that they use it in their advertising. Needless to say they did not
send him a lantern battery as a thank you.

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

A very neat way of suggesting a new hat style to YKW.

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

ROFLMAO - Good one !!!

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

Yep, they were terrific until there was a PC within arms reach of
everyone.
I just sold my Tandy PC-8 to a collector.

I prefer the dual power models, you virtually never have to change the
batteries. Two units I've got have never had a battery change in 15
years. Probably should lest they corrode!

My latest dual power one is an FX-991ES. Incredible functionality for
something that runs on the sniff of an oily rag.

Dave :)

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

    I've got an fx-990 which is solar only. It's OK as long as I
remember to hold it under a desk lamp when indoors!

Bob

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

Is this because they are not reliable?

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

    I've still got all mine & they all still work. The biorhythm one's
not a lot of use now because it can only handle years up to 1999 (it was
made in 1975).

Bob

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

Still gives you day of birth (up to 1999) [Yeah .. I have one too]

Re: That's a lot of calculators...

more like coffee on a work bench, late nights, and loose leads. :-)

Don...