TEAC remote control

Got a circa 10 years old Teac TV that goes fine but a remote stopped working. Looks like fiddling with the resonator brings it to life for a moment - anyone knows what part/what frequency I should be looking for if I want a new resonator?

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
Tom

Look for bad solder joints on the PCB. What numbers are on the resonator? Colin

Reply to
CATronics

There were glue on the side with the numbers, took a while to get there. It says 455E, I guess its 455 kHz then. Thanks for yopur help, I'll redo all solder joints, there's only few of them.

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
Tom

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:45:26 +1000, Tom put finger to keyboard and composed:

The pins on the square bodied resonators often break at the body. When you replace yours, be sure to add a dab of silicone or hot melt glue.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar