TEAC remote control

Got a circa 10 years old Teac TV that goes fine but a remote stopped
working. Looks like fiddling with the resonator brings it to life for a
moment - anyone knows what part/what frequency I should be looking for
if I want a new resonator?

Thanks, Tom

Re: TEAC remote control

Look for bad solder joints on the PCB.  What numbers are on the resonator?
Colin

Re: TEAC remote control

There were glue on the side with the numbers, took a while to get there.
It says 455E, I guess its 455 kHz then. Thanks for yopur help, I'll redo
all solder joints, there's only few of them.

Thanks, Tom

Re: TEAC remote control

keyboard and composed:

The pins on the square bodied resonators often break at the body. When
you replace yours, be sure to add a dab of silicone or hot melt glue.

- Franc Zabkar