TEAC 80cm .. boot into AV1

 > ... and never have to change input
 > modes on the TV again.

Speaking of this, we've just installed Foxtel IQ and watch all TV
through that. However our Teac 80cm TV always defaults to the last
*tuner* channel we watched.

Does anyone know if it's possible to convince this cheapo TV to 'boot'
into AV1 every time?

The model number in on the back of this thing .. it's huge and heavy
I'll get it if it really matters, but the TV is about 6 years old .. I
doubt TEAC change their 'software' too often.

Cheers!
Rick Measham

Re: TEAC 80cm .. boot into AV1

Don't know, but if you are keen enough you could build a circuit which
detects the mains current being switched on and then triggers a micro
or PICAXE to drive an IR transmitter and send the remote code to switch
the TV to AV1. That's if you use the power switch.

If you use the remote to turn the TV on/off then maybe you could get
one of those fancy macro remotes that lets you send both commands with
the one switch. Or once again, build your own remote to do so.

Dave :)

Re: TEAC 80cm .. boot into AV1

 From looking on TEAC's website, the closest they still list in the
manuals section would be the CTM807SV .. but it has fewer AV inputs.

The manual gives no clue as to only ever using these AV inputs on boot.

Cheers!
Rick Measham

Re: TEAC 80cm .. boot into AV1

If you can use the UHF connection you can set the channel you please on
the TV and it will come on there every time. The quality may be a little
less but likely unnoticeable.
--
John G

Wot's Your Real Problem?

Re: TEAC 80cm .. boot into AV1

If IQ has SCART use that and you'll be able to turn the TV on and off via
IQ.

Re: TEAC 80cm .. boot into AV1

Oooh .. I have SCART out of the IQ .. and the TV has SCART .. but it's
using an adapter as the Foxtel supplied cables have RCAs. You're
suggesting that if I get a SCART/SCART cable, then some action with the
IQ will turn on the TV and request the SCART point?

I'll have to go read the manual .. sounds perfect

Cheers!
Rick Measham

Re: TEAC 80cm .. boot into AV1

I have a Teac set top box and an RCA/Thomson TV connected via SCART.

If the TV is off (switched off via the remote) when I turn on the set top
box the TV will power up and select the SCART input.

If the TV is already on switches to SCART input.

You'll also get a better picture than RCA cables, but I can't guarantee that
the above will always work on all TVs. Having said that it doesn't appear to
be a "special feature" or anything.

Site Timeline