Tandberg 'Natural Audio Module'?

Anyone here know what it is and how it's used? I gather it's used in
conjunction with teleconferencing systems but haven't been able to
find a user handbook/spec sheet. If it's an amplifier it may have
possibilities.

Tandberg Model TTC 1-01 Natural Audio Module II

Thanks,

John

Re: Tandberg 'Natural Audio Module'?

"John"

** Ring Cisco Systems in North Sydney tomorrow.

 Tandberg now looks very much to be an "office equipment " line exclusive to
one supplier with no outsiders welcome.

 Remember when they used to make R-R tape decks ?

....  Phil

Re: Tandberg 'Natural Audio Module'?

And very very ordinary ones at that.

Re: Tandberg 'Natural Audio Module'?

"karma dogma"
 "Phil Allison"

** They invented " Cross Field "  bias -  as made famous by Akai in their
R-R machines.

For a short time back in the early 80s, I was obliged to fix the odd
Tandberg R-R deck.

One time, I spent hours chasing non-existent electronic fault only to
discover at length that it was caused an exquisitely well hidden mechanical
one.

If I never see one again, it will be too soon.

.....  Phil

Re: Tandberg 'Natural Audio Module'?

X field bias, in theory, with the extreme mechanical limitations of a
poorly pressed metal design sort of was a good compromise. (in the
case of Tandberg)
I was doing them in the mid 70's and still feel scarred. :-)
Don't let anyone talk about the halcyon days of analog tape (even
Kudelski!!) - or even any tape transport system......

Re: Tandberg 'Natural Audio Module'?

"karma dogma"

** I could never figure the fascination so many hi-fi fools had for R-R
decks and cassette recorders - or the mindless awe  in which brands like
Nakamichi and Pioneer were held by them.

No identifiable basis in reality EVER  existed for it.

Far as I could see, a serious hi-fi system needed a tape deck in the same
way a fish needs a bicycle ....

....  Phil

Re: Tandberg 'Natural Audio Module'?

At the time, it was *the* way to rip music from free sources such as radio
or borrowed vinyls. OK, the fidelity wasn't all that hot, but it was the
best available.

I'd like a dollar for every time I saw a r-r owner reaching for the cotton
bud packet and the head cleaner in frustration.

Re: Tandberg 'Natural Audio Module'?

Thanks for the Tandberg/Cisco link, Phil. As for the 'If I never see
one again, it will be too soon.' comment, I feel the same way about
process gas analysers.

John

Re: Tandberg 'Natural Audio Module'?

"John"
 "Phil Allison"

Thanks for the Tandberg/Cisco link, Phil. As for the 'If I never see
one again, it will be too soon.' comment, I feel the same way about
process gas analysers.

** What a shame I answered the obscure question too ....

...   Phil

Re: Tandberg 'Natural Audio Module'?

"John"

** It's a powered speaker system, made in Norway:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item30%0532787265&nma=true&rt=nc&si=lG5xVX5Y1xrTmtK7%252FomT%252BXMx4BQ%253D

....  Phil

Site Timeline