Switch that turns on when detected audio

I'm looking for switch that turns on my amp after detected an audio
signal.I recall seeing such a device in Silicon Chip or Electronics Australia
a long time ago. I can't for the life of me recall when it was or what mag
it was in.

Can anyone help me with this. Or even better, does anyone know of a
commercial product and whether it is more cost effective to build or buy.

--

Wing Wong.

Re: Switch that turns on when detected audio

Search on "VOX" or "voice activated switch". I think both DSE and Jaycar
have a kit (well, in the good old days they did....).

Cheers.

Ken

Site Timeline