thanks in advance
JM

--
Posted at www.usenet.com.au

Re: Sunbeam mixmaster resistor value q

Hi

I'm new to this group but it looked like the right place to ask: I have an
old sunbeam mixmaster that I'd like to bring back into service - no model
number I can see but looks like this one http://fat.ly/juwy2 but with a
black base.

Everything seems fine except that the resistor that shunts (assume this is
the correct term?) across the speed controller is burnt out.  The blue
plastic covering has cracked and flaked off and the resistance wire has
broken near one end.  From measurements (one end to where the break is),
guesstimating to full length, I'm guessing around 700-800 ohm, give or
take, and high power, but was wondering if anyone here might know the
exact value and power rating?  Even ballpark would help.
<cut>

I'll look in my shed at the weekend, I think I have an old one there.

Colin

Re: Sunbeam mixmaster resistor value q

Doesn't the grease go hard in the gearbox and load the motor so the
resistor blows?

Re: Sunbeam mixmaster resistor value q

message

Thanks for the heads up.  The grease doesn't look too bad.  Maybe a little
gritty on one side (the side where the juicer attachment goes).  Still I
guess it wouldn't hurt to clear it out and put on some clean grease.

Posted at www.usenet.com.au

Re: Sunbeam mixmaster resistor value q

Thanks.

Posted at www.usenet.com.au

Re: Sunbeam mixmaster A12 resistor value q

Hi

I'm new to this group but it looked like the right place to ask: I have an
old sunbeam mixmaster that I'd like to bring back into service - no model
number I can see but looks like this one http://fat.ly/juwy2 but with a
black base.

Everything seems fine except that the resistor that shunts (assume this is
the correct term?) across the speed controller is burnt out.  The blue
plastic covering has cracked and flaked off and the resistance wire has
broken near one end.  From measurements (one end to where the break is),
guesstimating to full length, I'm guessing around 700-800 ohm, give or
take, and high power, but was wondering if anyone here might know the
exact value and power rating?  Even ballpark would help.
<cut>

As promised.
Sunbeam Mixmaster Model A12.
Resistor measured 750 ohm, I would guess at least 50W.
Capacitor 0.047F/1000V.

http://www.angelfire.com/home/flexibleshaft/SunbeamIntl.html

HTH

Colin

Re: Sunbeam mixmaster A12 resistor value q

message

Thanks - seems my guesstimate was pretty close.  Hopefully will have time
to get it working fully next weekend.

Posted at www.usenet.com.au

Site Timeline