Sun set switch

Hi,

anyone know if the HPM PE170 light sensitive switch has an internal adjustment ?

Seems there is no instruction sheet published by HPM on the net.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I am sure that when your Electrician installs it he will know how to adjust it, if it requires it.

I hope you not trying to install yourself Phil?

Reply to
David

Yeah Phil, There is one. The access is located under the label above the N terminal.

Cheers ............ Rheilly P

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Are you a member of the Electrician Mafia? If I look at some jobs they have done on my house I would say they need a serious shake up.

Reply to
TonyS

I had a solar installation done with a wireless "energy" monitor display. They wanted to put the AAA battery powered current transformer / transmitter in the wall behind the switch board.

They told me they did this at all their installations & didn't have any problems......... Mine ended up vecro'd to the side of the switch board.

Their general workmanship / planning was at 1st year apprentice level.

Reply to
Spuckle

Many solar installers are the product of a short course , the connection usually done by a sparky hired on a job basis so that's well behind the

8 ball and neither maybe a trained cabler let alone having a clue
--

Reply to
atec77

Yep - that was probably the case.

The two install sparkies were Irish working holiday guys (about 30 years old). I suspect their supervisor was the ticket holding electrician - he nicked off to other sites to keep the jobs rolling....

Reply to
Spuckle

Ahh yes, these electricians are so lame compared to genius's like yourselves :-)

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Huh?

If I was a genius I'd have chosen to be an electrician - easier $$ & assured jobs.......

Reply to
Spuckle

Presumably there must be a reason that they get good pay ??

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

"Rheilly Phoull"

** That's not what I hear.

** Licensed and regulated workforce, minimum pay rates and active unions all help.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Yes there is a reason. They have established a closed shop with total market control. I reckon it's about time to lobby the governments to review the licensing rules. The fact that a person trained in the electrical and/or electronic field is not allowed to even just replace a power point is plainly ridiculous.

Reply to
TonyS

"Tony Shithead"

** ROTFL

Completely absurd crap.

** That is one very tired old hobby horse.

** In practice, nothing stops them.

Wot a tedious wanker.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Did you sort the sunset switch ??

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

"Rheilly Phoull"

** It ain't my switch.

It sits on the wall of the building and belongs to the Owners Corporation, problem being it is sited in direct sun and controls both external and internal (ie hallway) lighting.

The south side hallway and stairwell age no direct sunlight and are in near darkness for up to an hour before the lights finally come on.

I estimate that sensitivity to light needs to drop by a factor of 50 or more to correct this - so the hallway illumination will be about 50 lux instead of 1 lux when the switch operates.

Semi opaque tape placed over the sensor helps, but needs to be replaced regularly due to the effects of sun and rain.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

You go ahead and fix that sun set switch then. If rules in NSW are anything like in WA then don't forget to provide your electrical safety certificate.

Yaawn..

Reply to
TonyS

"Tony Shithead"

** FFS learn to read.

Anyone can *adjust* that damn thing.

And YOU only mentioned power point replacement - presumably in you OWN place.

Who is gonna see a home owner do that or complain ??

Wanker.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

OK, just thought you may have seen my post where I explained where the adjustment is located.

Rheilly P

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

** Yes, thanks for that.

Maybe I can get Strata management to do something.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

: :Hi, : :anyone know if the HPM PE170 light sensitive switch has an internal :adjustment ? : :

: :Seems there is no instruction sheet published by HPM on the net. : : : :..... Phil :

No Phil, it's a fixed setting...

Reply to
Ross Herbert