Sun set switch

anyone know if the HPM  PE170 light sensitive switch has an internal
adjustment ?

http://www.electriciansupplies.com.au/shop/images/IMGP4357.JPG

Seems there is no instruction sheet published by HPM on the net.

.....  Phil

Re: Sun set switch
I am sure that when your Electrician installs it he will know how to
adjust it, if it requires it.

I hope you not trying to install yourself Phil?

Re: Sun set switch

 > I am sure that when your Electrician installs it he will know how to
 > adjust it, if it requires it.
 >
 > I hope you not trying to install yourself Phil?

Are you a member of the Electrician Mafia?
If I look at some jobs they have done on my house I would say they need
a serious shake up.

Re: Sun set switch

I had a solar installation done with a wireless "energy" monitor
display. They wanted to put the AAA battery powered current transformer
/ transmitter in the wall behind the switch board.

They told me they did this at all their installations & didn't have any
problems.........  Mine ended up vecro'd to the side of the switch board.

Their general workmanship / planning was at 1st year apprentice level.

Re: Sun set switch
Many solar installers are the product of a short course , the connection
usually done by a sparky hired on a job basis so that's well behind the
8 ball and neither maybe a trained cabler let alone having a clue

--

Re: Sun set switch

Yep - that was probably the case.

The two install sparkies were Irish working holiday guys (about 30 years
old). I suspect their supervisor was the ticket holding electrician - he
nicked off to other sites to keep the jobs rolling....

Re: Sun set switch
Ahh yes, these electricians are so lame compared to genius's like
yourselves :-)

Re: Sun set switch

Huh?

If I was a genius I'd have chosen to be an electrician - easier $$ &
assured jobs.......

Re: Sun set switch
Presumably there must be a reason that they get good pay ??

Re: Sun set switch

"Rheilly Phoull"

 ** That's not what I hear.

** Licensed and regulated workforce, minimum pay rates and active unions all
help.

...  Phil

Re: Sun set switch

Yes there is a reason. They have established a closed shop with total
market control.
I reckon it's about time to lobby the governments to review the
licensing rules. The fact that a person trained in the electrical and/or
electronic field is not allowed to even just replace a power point  is
plainly ridiculous.

Re: Sun set switch

"Tony Shithead"

** ROTFL

    Completely absurd crap.

** That is one very tired old hobby horse.

**  In practice, nothing stops them.

     Wot a tedious wanker.

....  Phil

Re: Sun set switch
Did you sort the sunset switch ??

Re: Sun set switch

"Rheilly Phoull"

** It ain't my switch.

It sits on the wall of the building and belongs to the Owners Corporation,
problem being it is sited in direct sun and controls both external and
internal (ie hallway) lighting.

The south side hallway and stairwell age no direct sunlight and are in near
darkness for up to an hour before the lights finally come on.

I estimate that sensitivity to light needs to drop by a factor of 50 or more
to correct this -  so the hallway illumination will be about 50 lux instead
of 1 lux when the switch operates.

Semi opaque tape placed over the sensor helps, but needs to be replaced
regularly due to the effects of sun and rain.

....  Phil

Re: Sun set switch
OK, just thought you may have seen my post where I explained where the
adjustment is located.

Rheilly P

Re: Sun set switch

"Rheilly Phoull

** Yes, thanks for that.

 Maybe I can get Strata management to do something.

....  Phil

Re: Sun set switch

try some spray paint. when you get the right level apply a few coats of
clear acrylic lacquer.

OTOH the sensor was probably installed in the wrong place, I'd not be
suprised it the HPM docs say to install it on a south-facing wall.

--
?? 100% natural

Re: Sun set switch

You go ahead and fix that sun set switch then. If rules in NSW are
anything like in WA then don't forget to provide your electrical safety
certificate.
http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/EnergySafety/Content/Consumers/DontDIY/index.htm

Yaawn..

Re: Sun set switch
 "Tony Shithead"

** FFS learn to read.

 Anyone can *adjust* that damn thing.

 And YOU only mentioned power point replacement - presumably in you OWN
place.

 Who is gonna see a home owner do that or complain ??

 Wanker.

....   Phil

Re: Sun set switch

Not if you have to open it to do that.

That's besides the point.

You are an emotionally challenged abusive freak.