Suggestion wanted Schematic to PCB design software

Hi
Would someone please sugest to me where I can source some free/shareware
software that will help
me create a PCB design from a Schematic?
Thanks

Re: Suggestion wanted Schematic to PCB design software

ExpressPCB or PCBExpress, EagleCad - both have free/lite versions available.

Re: Suggestion wanted Schematic to PCB design software

Protel AutoTrax for DOS is freeware.

Dave.

Re: Suggestion wanted Schematic to PCB design software

Is it expresspcb or pcbexpress or both that tie you to them for manufacture ?

Possibly no bad thing for hobby stuff anyway since you don't have to get
involved in generating gerber and excellon drill files actually. You just email
them your design and they automatically calculate the price for you actually you
can do that before you send. Very simple software with few 'features' but I
found one of them easy to use. Beware Fedex will charge you local taxes ex USA.

Graham

Re: Suggestion wanted Schematic to PCB design software

ExpressBCP lets you run off the wire and silkscreens, but anything else
needs to go through them.

Eagle, from what I have read, it can do the lot and allow you do
everything yourself.

I have not used that part as yet, just the auto-router.

Re: Suggestion wanted Schematic to PCB design software

PCB Wizard is reasonably good and very easy to use. Component libraries
arent the greatest though and the auto-route is pretty ordinary, manual
component and copper placement will yeild a more pleasing result if you have
plenty of time to spare.

Regards
James

Re: Suggestion wanted Schematic to PCB design software

KiCad - Multiplatform (Win, MacOS & Linux), capable, free (as in beer)
and actively maintained, good support on it's Yahoo group.

Site Timeline