Strong SRT5492 PVR

I just took delivery of Strong's latest model. Very nifty. Twin HD tuners.
Will actually record 3 channels (provided 2 are linked eg: channel 2 +
Channel 22) on an internal 500GB hard drive. Accepts a 1TB via a rear panel,
or front panel USB port. Network connection and all the usual stuff. Very
nice, readable alpha-numeric display. A fabulous, very non-Chinese-y remote
control. Appears to be designed by humans for humans. 15 second boot time.

2 downsides (so far):

* Does not accept external A/V inputs.
* In their attempt to lower standby power consumption to 0.67 Watts
(measured), the antenna passthough doesn't work when the unit is switched
off.

Highly recommended.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Strong SRT5492 PVR

How much would one of those set me back Trevor?

I am looking at replacing my problem child SRT5390 one day....

Gary.

Re: Strong SRT5492 PVR

**The RRP is $699.00, but no one pays that. Email me and we'll do a deal.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Site Timeline