Strain Gauge Amplifier question

I am using Analog Device 5B38-02 as a strain gauge amplifer, however, the
gain is pretty low, which is around 160 and it can't be adjust.

Is there any method to increase the gain to 300?

I am looking for another strain gauge amplifier which has gain around 300.
Could you guys give me a suggestion please?

Thank you very much.

Re: Strain Gauge Amplifier question

I've used the AD620 for a precision strain gauge amp, it's not cheap
though.
Gain is set with one resistor from 1 to 10000

The AD623 is a low spec lower cost equivalent.

Dave :)

Re: Strain Gauge Amplifier question

I am using Analog Device 5B38-02 as a strain gauge amplifer, however, the
gain is pretty low, which is around 160 and it can't be adjust.

Is there any method to increase the gain to 300?

****Why bother asking the question as you have already given us the
answer,"it can't be adjust(ed)"?

Brian Goldsmith.

Re: Strain Gauge Amplifier question

yup...the gain is can't be adjusted.

i may add another precision amplifer to increase the gain.

Re: Strain Gauge Amplifier question

Yes. The noise and DC offset errors are determined by the first stage
of the amplifier chain, so any secondry gain stage is much less
critical than the input stage.  Is that what you wanted to know?

regards,
Johnny.

Site Timeline