Strain Gauge Amplifier question

I am using Analog Device 5B38-02 as a strain gauge amplifer, however, the gain is pretty low, which is around 160 and it can't be adjust.

Is there any method to increase the gain to 300?

I am looking for another strain gauge amplifier which has gain around 300. Could you guys give me a suggestion please?

Thank you very much.

Reply to
sommes

I've used the AD620 for a precision strain gauge amp, it's not cheap though. Gain is set with one resistor from 1 to 10000

The AD623 is a low spec lower cost equivalent.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

"sommes" wrote

I am using Analog Device 5B38-02 as a strain gauge amplifer, however, the gain is pretty low, which is around 160 and it can't be adjust.

Is there any method to increase the gain to 300?

****Why bother asking the question as you have already given us the answer,"it can't be adjust(ed)"?

Brian Goldsmith.

Reply to
Brian Goldsmith.

yup...the gain is can't be adjusted.

i may add another precision amplifer to increase the gain.

Reply to
sommes

Yes. The noise and DC offset errors are determined by the first stage of the amplifier chain, so any secondry gain stage is much less critical than the input stage. Is that what you wanted to know?

regards, Johnny.

Reply to
Johnny