Specs on a couple of old parts needed

Hello All,
I have searched the net with no luck
looking for the ratings of an SCR type
BTW47 1000RM
That is exactly how it is written.

The other old part is a bridge rectifier block.
EDI  minibridge  PA40

I found plenty of hits listing the type numbers
but no data on the ratings. Maybe someone
out there has an old data book from the 1970s
and could look it up for me.

Thanks in advance.
John Crighton
Hornsby

Re: Specs on a couple of old parts needed

Hello John,

From the 1972 Philips Pocketbook, page B39:

BTW47 1000RW

Vdrm !000V
If(av) 14A
If(rms) 25A
Itrm 150A
Itsm 220A
Tj 125 deg C

I remember the PA40 but can't put my finger on any data at the moment.
--
Regards, Chas.

To Email, replace 'xxx' with tango papa golf.

Re: Specs on a couple of old parts needed

"John Crighton"

**   From a Philips General Cat: 1976:

BTW47RM  =   a 16 amp (average), 1000 volt thyristor.

TO48 pack, metric thread, anode to case.

Triggering:  100mA  @ 3.5 volts  (worst case)

** From memory,  that one is a 25 amp, 400 volt job.

Think I used one ( or was it a PA25 ?) in a Playmaster 128 stereo power amp
in 1971.

Anyone remember that design ??

..............     Phil

Re: Specs on a couple of old parts needed

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 10:35:28 GMT, john snipped-for-privacy@tpg.com.au (John Crighton)
put finger to keyboard and composed:

It is substituted by an NTE5342 (40A, 600V):
http://www.nteinc.com/specs/5300to5399/NTE5340.html

Note that the NTE part will have a rating equal to or better than the
original.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Specs on a couple of old parts needed

800V 25A

If you don't have to use a stud type a suitable substitute would
become much cheaper -- eg 2N6509 from Wes (TO220).

No idea, but anything else that meets or exceeds the voltage and
current spec ought do the job as a rectifier.  There's no shortage of
options unless you're bound by some sort of odd encapsulation.

1995 actually, International Diode and Thyristor Index.

--
John H

Re: Specs on a couple of old parts needed

Oops... that's 1000V 25A.  Looks like you're stuck with a stud type.
Wiltronics are a good source for a substitute.

--
John H

Re: Specs on a couple of old parts needed

Hello John H, Frank, Mark, Chas and Phil,
thanks for your efforts in looking up the info in your data books.
I appreciate that.
Regards,
John Crighton
Hornsby

Re: Specs on a couple of old parts needed

BTW47 1000RM:

1000V 14A, 3V drop @ rated I, made by AEI and Mullard

Site Timeline