speaking of CFC: Freon TF substitute?

I remember this stuff back in the 1980s. It came in spray cans as contact cleaner. One crew where I worked had 20-litre drums of it. We used to bath circuit boards in it. It got rid of dust, oil, water, just about anything. It could cure intermittent faults even. Technician in a can, some called it. But since it is unmerciful to the ozone layer, it was banned in most nations. (I have heard there is a thriving blackmarket trade for it though.) Has anybody found something that works as good as the ole TF?

--
Posted at www.usenet.com.au
Reply to
HiramHackenbacker

"HiramHackenbacker" wrote in message news:iheki0$5ht$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org...

**Nope. TF was brilliant stuff. I used to buy 5 Litre cans of the stuff.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

I often got the job of cleaning the rack relays in a large crossbar telephone exchange. Although a simple job it took a long time because there was so many racks. For the job I was given cartons of Freeon TF spray cans.

It was here and Telstra had a hard time finding a replacement. They even used it in an ultrasonic bath to clean smoke damaged relaysets.

Someone who worked for Telstra might know.

Reply to
Barry OGrady

Weused to bathe ATM card readers in the stuff, it was the only thing that effectively cleaned finger slime off the feed rollers.

Reply to
keithr