source for 500pf aircore variable capacitor aka tune capacitor in Australia?

as per above thanks

--
The information contained in this post is copyright of
the poster, and specifically may not be published in,

"Cheers"

** Errrr  -  just about any old valve AM radio will have one of them ?

With two or three gangs to pick from as well.

Or nearly any AM /FM tuner from pre 1975.

.......    Phil

Re: source for 500pf aircore variable capacitor aka tune capacitor in Australia?

hi Phil

says...
I might have more chance in winning the lotto in finding a vintage valve
Radio, and if I find one wont salvage any parts from it on the contrary
, I would restore it and give it a good love and care.:-)

yeah been hunting for one for the last 3 months, just about every place
you could think of here in Perth Northern Suburbs.

Moussa

--
The information contained in this post is copyright of
the poster, and specifically may not be published in,
Re: source for 500pf aircore variable capacitor aka tune capacitor in Australia?

"Cheers"
Phil Allison

**  Smartarse bullshit.

Old radios ( non collectable) turn up in garage sales all the time.

** Tried eBay yet ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VINTAGE-3-GANG-TUNING-CAPACITOR-VARIABLE-CAPACITOR_W0QQitemZ7527783576QQihZ010QQcategoryZ4662QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

.......   Phil

Re: source for 500pf aircore variable capacitor aka tune capacitor in Australia?

I only ever see PA's posts if they are quoted as I have of course killfiled
him to avoid the diatribes of abuse. But lately, all the quoted posts have
been sensible and restrained. What has happened? At this rate, I will
unkillfile him! This will of course thrill him to bits...

Re: source for 500pf aircore variable capacitor aka tune capacitor in Australia?

A leopard can't change its spots.

Re: source for 500pf aircore variable capacitor aka tune capacitor in Australia?

   No, but Earl Scheib can! ;-)

prove it.
Re: source for 500pf aircore variable capacitor aka tune capacitor in Australia?

**Check out the other crap that guy has for sale. $444.44 for a wideband
ultrasonic amplifier/psychic amplifier.

Mmmmm.

Trevor Wilson

Re: source for 500pf aircore variable capacitor aka tune capacitor in Australia?

    Can you tell us a bit more about what you need it for? Like, does it
need to be very close to 500pF, and what physical characteristics are
you after ... dimensions/shaft diameter/etc?
    One of my mates might have something like that, but there's no point
getting his to dig through his stuff unless he knows what to look for.

Bob

Re: source for 500pf aircore variable capacitor aka tune capacitor in Australia?

Web search for jackson brothers (uk) who still make these items new.  they
are supposed to have an Australian agent.

malcolm