Source: Clear Hollow plasic tubes?

Roughly around 30-40cm long, rigid clear plastic .. diameter isnt TOO
important, but around 2cm roughly would be nice .. Preferably cheapish if
possible .. I can picture in my mind exactly what I need, but can't think of
something they'd have actually been used for.. Tried bunnings/etc and come
up blank ..

Anyone got any ideas? :)

Thanks in advance! (Preferably clear, but coloured/tinted plastic would be
fine also) ..

Thanks!

Re: Source: Clear Hollow plasic tubes?

Try searching for words like acrylic or polycarbonate with the obvious
'tube' or 'tubing'.

I find things like

http://www.cuttosize.com.au/products/acrylic.html

Andy Wood
snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Re: Source: Clear Hollow plasic tubes?

Look in the Yellow Pages for your local plastics supplier - they should
stock acrylic tube in a bunch of sizes. In my case it's the local fibreglass
shop that also stocks acrylic sheet, rod and tube and, conveniently, the
stuff to stick it together.

Re: Source: Clear Hollow plasic tubes?

Is there a special glue?
I just use cyanoacrylate glue (supaglue), it sticks acryic really well.

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: Source: Clear Hollow plasic tubes?

I use CA too, but the guy seems to have a whole shelf-full of solvents and
cements.

Re: Source: Clear Hollow plasic tubes?

courage and express out opinion in

Chloroform welds them well..

P.

Re: Source: Clear Hollow plasic tubes?

Go to a plastic seller, or fabricator. (or bettter yet ring a few.)
you'll probably have to do that during business hours.

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: Source: Clear Hollow plasic tubes?

Try Cadilac Plastics

Re: Source: Clear Hollow plasic tubes?

Have you tried a chemistry equipment supplier?  Might be worth a try.  Also,
some of the animal auto water/food dispensers use a tube like that - if you
only need a couple perhaps you could modify one of those.

David