Sound switch

Good morning all!!
I recently bought a sound activation switch kit from Dick Smith and am
about to put it together..
It's oneo f the 'funway projects' so I'm expecting it to be very easy
to get it working..
However, I'm relatively new to electronics and would like to know if
anyone has had any experience building such kit..

In particular, this switch requires a 9v battery .. I want to use it
to control a 3v electric motor. .
Is the 9v required for this switch going to be sent to the motor (or
any other device) I plug into it?

What kind of information about the kit do I need to provide for
someone to be able to come up with an answer?

This is my first electronics kit I'm attempting to construct in over
12 years .. So I might be a bit rusty..

Re: Sound switch

The internet is a great resource.  I just checked the Dick Smith Web Site
www.dse.com.au

I think this web site link below is your kit????????????
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/46371e5a0a7732ee2741c0a87f9c06e3/Product/View/K2634

Or this one http://tinyurl.com/23d4h5 ???????????

If it is the kit..... then the relay is power via the 9v battery  but the
relay contacts can be used to swtich 3volt battery and your motor.

Instructions come in the funway book so you need to purchase this as
well.... Read the book and it "should" give you some idea have to swtich the
motor.

Joe

Re: Sound switch

Sitewww.dse.com.au
kit????????????http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/46371e5a0a7732ee2741c0a8 ...

/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/4637fd1e019574122740c0a87f9c06e5/Product/View/
K2634
That's the switch I got ..

And yes .. The book gives you an idea of how to build the switch but
not how to use it .. Although I pretty much got the idea of what to do
once I built it ..
Basically I'll have the switch's positive out go to the motor,
negative of the battery to the switch and negative of the switch to
the motor..

Or something like that.

Site Timeline