Sony Ericsson mobile phone joystick - somewhat OT

Hi

I have a Sony Ericsson J210i mobile (actually, I have two).  Both have
dodgy navigation joysticks that are unresponsive to pushes most of the
time.  I've googled this and it seems the problem with these joysticks
used by Sony Ericsson is widespread -- in fact many of the other
online gripes about them relate to other SE models that use what
appears to be the same joystick.  Apparently, they are not very dust-
proof and dust gets under the switch contacts.

I'd be interested in hearing from others who may have similar SE
joystick problems.

Cheers
Glenn

Re: Sony Ericsson mobile phone joystick - somewhat OT

I have a K750i (I think? about 2 years old) and I need to press fairly
firmly in the "up" direction for it to respond.

I did notice that the joystick didn't appear to be sealed - on the top/
visible section anyway...

Site Timeline