Sony Ericsson mobile phone joystick - somewhat OT

Hi

I have a Sony Ericsson J210i mobile (actually, I have two). Both have dodgy navigation joysticks that are unresponsive to pushes most of the time. I've googled this and it seems the problem with these joysticks used by Sony Ericsson is widespread -- in fact many of the other online gripes about them relate to other SE models that use what appears to be the same joystick. Apparently, they are not very dust- proof and dust gets under the switch contacts.

I'd be interested in hearing from others who may have similar SE joystick problems.

Cheers Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

I have a K750i (I think? about 2 years old) and I need to press fairly firmly in the "up" direction for it to respond.

I did notice that the joystick didn't appear to be sealed - on the top/ visible section anyway...

Reply to
rowan194