Sony 8mm camcorder TR75E audio problem

I have an old (16 years) Sony CCD TR75E in which suddenly the audio turnded into mono with a slightly lower level in right channel. Any suggestions what could cause the problem? I guess a professonal repair would cost almost as much as a new camcorder so it's not the first option. Since I still have about 50 tapes to transfer I need a good working video8-player.

Reply to
hans

If you need any Sony Spares pl.let me know. We need part codes as per service manuals. I think the cleaning of the drum carefully is required. After this if there is no improvement you may have to replace the Upper drum assembly. If you need the spares we are always there.

Sivaram.V

hans wrote:

Reply to
SONY digital camera parts

Here, not the same camera, but will be a similar fault..

Allan