Sony 8mm camcorder TR75E audio problem

I have an old (16 years) Sony CCD TR75E in which suddenly the audio
turnded into mono with a slightly lower  level in right channel. Any
suggestions what could cause the problem? I guess a professonal repair
would cost almost as much as a new camcorder so it's not the first
option. Since I still have about 50 tapes to transfer I need a good
working video8-player.

Re: Sony 8mm camcorder TR75E audio problem

If you need any Sony Spares pl.let me know. We need part codes as per
service manuals. I think the cleaning of the drum carefully is
required. After this if there is no improvement you may have to replace
the Upper drum assembly.
If you need the spares we are always there.

Sivaram.V

Re: Sony 8mm camcorder TR75E audio problem

Here, not the same camera, but will be a similar fault..
http://members.iinet.net.au/~vidcam/Recapping/1.html

Site Timeline