SonarPlus = Electus/Jaycar

I just got the SoanarPlus "preferred stock" catalog (don't know if it's new or not?), and what do you know, it's almost an exact duplicate of the Jaycar/Electus catalog, with Electus wholesale pricing. Cat numbers are the same too.

There is however some interesting new stuff in there which Electus don't have (yet), like a fair few micros (NEC, Zilog and Atmel) plus plenty of micro development kits for all three. GPS modules, Brady labels, Embedded processor boards, Weller irons, solid state hard drives, TFT panels, and blue LCDs.

I know Gary Johnston owns the lot, but what's the deal I wonder? I wonder if we can expect to see this new stuff in the next Electus catalog too? Will we see Electus and SonarPlus merge I wonder? If SonarPlus stocked some of their other line card items, that might push them up towards the likes of Farnell and RS...

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

SoanarPlus is the renamed Polykom. All part of the Fermionic Group and along with Electus , Jaycar and HCom (was Hagemeyer Communications) all owned by said G. Johnston. Since SoanarPlus is in the essentially the same game as Electus/Jaycar it is likely that it will merge under the Electus banner. The fact that the two catalogues are looking very similar is a good indicator as to the likely scenario.

Reply to
Ross Herbert